Yamaha Thundercats
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bar End Mirrors?

4 posters

Go down

Bar End Mirrors? Empty Bar End Mirrors?

Post  ThunderTim Sat Mar 12 2016, 11:53

Hey guys,

I'm looking at getting a set of bar end mirrors and I have a couple of quick questions for anyone that might have dealt with some before.

So looking online most of them seem to be generic for the bar widths but they look like the go on instead of the bar wieghts. Has anyone seen a set that you put on around/under the wieght? Or if you have a set on your cat without the wieghts, how do you find it?

I know a lot of people dont like bar end mirrors because of thier position but I've never liked the black plastic stock mirrors on the bike, or the big ear style of the mirrors being there. I've been thinking about it for a couple weeks now and as long as I have a set that are easy to adjust then I should be happy with them.

So just wondering who's got bar end mirrors on their cat? Which ones do you have? And how did you get along fitting them?

Cheers guys
ThunderTim
ThunderTim
2Bronze
2Bronze

Male Status :

Number of posts : 14
Hobbies : Photography, Parkour, Travelling and Adventuring
Registration date : 2015-11-17

Back to top Go down

Bar End Mirrors? Empty Re: Bar End Mirrors?

Post  Catnapper Sat Mar 12 2016, 16:23

No help Sorry ThunderTim but I've also considered these. I think if its just for better rear viewing then some people have put extensions on. Sure someone will come along with options for both as sure I've seen both on here
Catnapper
Catnapper
6Silver
6Silver

Male Status :

Number of posts : 365
Hobbies : Motoring, DIY
Humour : Lacking, Grumpy Old Man
Registration date : 2015-02-09

Back to top Go down

Post  ThunderTim Sun Mar 13 2016, 19:13

Thanks man.

I've considered the extensions too but I'm a sucker for aesthetics and I already have a mild issue with it's big lugs :p I've considered custom making some to put them just in the right place but I think the bar ends might be an easier route to a similar end.

Also, one other question for anyone that might have bar end mirrors, what did you do with the space where the mirrors used to be? I'm not sure I want to do anything as permanent as fill them and paint them, are there caps for purchase anywhere? What have you covered them with?

Cheers again
ThunderTim
ThunderTim
2Bronze
2Bronze

Male Status :

Number of posts : 14
Hobbies : Photography, Parkour, Travelling and Adventuring
Registration date : 2015-11-17

Back to top Go down

Post  bobh Sun Mar 13 2016, 23:49

You can certainly get blanking plates for many sports bikes to use when you take the mirrors off for track days. Just a question of finding ones with the right hole centres. So you could go to a local bike meet with a tape measure and start checking. :peep:
bobh
bobh
3Gold
3Gold

Male Status :

Number of posts : 801
Hobbies : Retired engineer
Humour : Yes please (did I answer the wrong question?)
Registration date : 2008-11-09

Back to top Go down

Post  Marine Boy Tue Mar 15 2016, 21:00

I've got a small round 2" fisheye mirror on each of my mirrors. They give me a great field of vision from nearly my knee to really wide. It's just something to give me a glancing indication if something is there, always followed up by a peer in the big mirror or a look-back of course.
Marine Boy
Marine Boy
3Bronze
3Bronze

Male Status :

Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2011-11-22

Back to top Go down