Yamaha Thundercats
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Black Forest and Alps (31/07 - 04/08)

+4
Rosco
terry lees
0ldcat
BlueZed
8 posters

Go down

Black Forest and Alps (31/07 - 04/08) Empty Black Forest and Alps (31/07 - 04/08)

Post  BlueZed Mon Mar 09 2015, 10:28

Well... after a few emails back and forth with Steve we've agreed on dates for a little alpine adventure  Cool

31/07 - 04/08 (plus getting there and back...)

The rough plan is to meet up somewhere near Karlsruhe and then head south through the Black Forest into Switzerland. Then from there into Northern Italy and if time allows even get into Slovenia a bit. Then head back via Austria and maybe the Bavarian Forest.

Slovenia might be a stretch in that time but we'll see once we've done the planning.

Anyway... Don't think we need to book too far in advance so even last minute additions should work out. So anyone wanting to join us feel free to come along! 
clink

Original Post... wrote:Just wondering, since I have to submit my holidays for this year soon and haven't really planned any bike trips for this year yet...

Is anyone coming over to the continent this year and want to meet up? Would be more than happy to show you a few places in the general Northern Italy/Austria/Germany area for a few of days or so...

To give you a better idea have a look at photos from the last few years... you might even recognise some people Wink

Alps 2009
Alps 2011
Alps 2013
Alps 2014
Black Forest 2014

Last edited by BlueZed on Sun Mar 29 2015, 14:18; edited 4 times in total
BlueZed
BlueZed
Event-Organiser
Event-Organiser

Male Status :

Number of posts : 317
Hobbies : Space cadet
Humour : NEIN!
Registration date : 2008-11-07

Back to top Go down

Black Forest and Alps (31/07 - 04/08) Empty Re: Black Forest and Alps (31/07 - 04/08)

Post  0ldcat Mon Mar 09 2015, 17:18

Black Forest 2014 - photo 3 - orange on black t-shirt violet-lol   rofl
0ldcat
0ldcat
founder

Male Status :

Number of posts : 5229
Hobbies : Motorcycling, Cooking, Rugby
Humour : It shrank in the wash
Registration date : 2008-11-05

https://www.yamaha-thundercats.org

Back to top Go down

Black Forest and Alps (31/07 - 04/08) Empty Re: Black Forest and Alps (31/07 - 04/08)

Post  BlueZed Mon Mar 09 2015, 17:25

Haha, yep... he really did know it all Wink

You want one too? Very Happy
BlueZed
BlueZed
Event-Organiser
Event-Organiser

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  0ldcat Mon Mar 09 2015, 20:03

BlueZed wrote:You want one too? Very Happy
hehe yeah, no one here could read it, and those that can would understand the joke clappy Laughing
0ldcat
0ldcat
founder

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  BlueZed Tue Mar 10 2015, 07:33

Here you go... Smile
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
BlueZed
BlueZed
Event-Organiser
Event-Organiser

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  terry lees Thu Mar 12 2015, 11:39

I would love to join you Thomas, had a great time 2 years ago, great roads, great company, and fantastic scenery. Unfortunately completely booked up for this year. Anyone considering this, I would highly recommend.
terry lees
terry lees
4Gold
4Gold

Number of posts : 1026
Registration date : 2009-04-20

Back to top Go down

Post  Rosco Fri Mar 13 2015, 12:49

Already going on a Europe tour to Spain this year Thomas and wouldn't be able to get any more time off :(

I'd echo Terry's comments. Thoroughly enjoyed the last one.

Cheers
Rosco

Rosco
Rosco
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Number of posts : 6659
Humour : Oh Go On Then
Registration date : 2008-11-06

Back to top Go down

Post  BlueZed Fri Mar 13 2015, 12:52

Yeah I know about your trip this year... not enough holidays left for such a trip though.

Anyway... hope you'll enjoy it Smile

BTW... Beginning of September we'll be in Yorkshire again and then a week up near Edinburgh if you fancy meeting for a pint or seven again clink
BlueZed
BlueZed
Event-Organiser
Event-Organiser

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  Dogsbody Fri Mar 13 2015, 15:24

Spain this year but maybe next year. Bike2
Dogsbody
Dogsbody
1Silver
1Silver

Male Status :

Number of posts : 111
Hobbies : Guitar/Bikes
Humour : Swiss Toni
Registration date : 2014-02-23

Back to top Go down

Post  Rosco Fri Mar 13 2015, 15:27

BlueZed wrote:Yeah I know about your trip this year... not enough holidays left for such a trip though.

Anyway... hope you'll enjoy it Smile

BTW... Beginning of September we'll be in Yorkshire again and then a week up near Edinburgh if you fancy meeting for a pint or seven again clink

That sounds like a plan - keep me posted Smile
Rosco
Rosco
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Number of posts : 6659
Humour : Oh Go On Then

Back to top Go down

Post  terry lees Fri Mar 13 2015, 17:56

I also like the sound of a pint or nine.
terry lees
terry lees
4Gold
4Gold

Number of posts : 1026
Registration date : 2009-04-20

Back to top Go down

Post  Dirt Bike Dave Sat Mar 14 2015, 23:22

Hi Thomas, hopefully I'll be around in the UK when your over and can catch up. Had a great time in the Alps apart from the projectile vomit issues thanks to Mr Lees. I'll never share a water bottle with him again!!!I am doing the Pyrenees trip again this year also so my brownie points are all used up for Euro trips this year but def do the Alps again in the future. Hopefully catch up soon.

You could of course head down to southern France and hook up with us.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Dirt Bike Dave
Dirt Bike Dave
Event-Organiser
Event-Organiser

Male Status :

Number of posts : 1592
Hobbies : Bikes and beer
Humour : Feck Off
Registration date : 2008-11-10

Back to top Go down

Post  SteveCat Sun Mar 15 2015, 08:41

Hopefully it's not too late for your leave arrangements - will email you, Pam and I might well be up for this.
SteveCat
SteveCat
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Number of posts : 5108
Humour : You've gotta be joking

Back to top Go down

Post  BlueZed Sun Mar 15 2015, 09:00

Dirt Bike Dave wrote:Hi Thomas, hopefully I'll be around in the UK when your over and can catch up. Had a great time in the Alps apart from the projectile vomit issues thanks to Mr Lees. I'll never share a water bottle with him again!!!I am doing the Pyrenees trip again this year also so my brownie points are all used up for Euro trips this year but def do the Alps again in the future. Hopefully catch up soon.

You could of course head down to southern France and hook up with us.

Sadly Southern France is too far for me this year... would take up a couple of days to just get there and don't have that much leave left... sadly.

Would be great though if we could meet up in September then. Will keep you posted about dates and stuff once it's all sorted Smile

SteveCat wrote:Hopefully it's not too late for your leave arrangements - will email you, Pam and I might well be up for this.

Definitely not too late. Let me know what your plans are and we'll work something out. Might even be able to convince my dad and brother to tag along too Smile
BlueZed
BlueZed
Event-Organiser
Event-Organiser

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  BlueZed Fri Mar 27 2015, 07:31

Well... after a few emails back and forth with Steve we've agreed on dates for a little alpine adventure Cool

31/07 - 04/08 (plus getting there and back...)

The rough plan is to meet up somewhere near Karlsruhe and then head south through the Black Forest into Switzerland. Then from there into Northern Italy and if time allows even get into Slovenia a bit. Then head back via Austria and maybe the Bavarian Forest.

Slovenia might be a stretch in that time but we'll see once we've done the planning.

Anyway... Maybe we can make this a post under the "How about" section in case more people want to join. Don't think we need to book too far in advance so even last minute additions should work out.
BlueZed
BlueZed
Event-Organiser
Event-Organiser

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  0ldcat Fri Mar 27 2015, 09:02

BlueZed wrote: Maybe we can make this a post under the "How about" section in case more people want to join. Don't think we need to book too far in advance so even last minute additions should work out.
Steve has Admin rights so is able to do that if interest developes, or if he thinks it's really taking off. I know his judgement on the matter will be sound.
Sorry we'll not be able to make this trip. Sounds like a good, interesting run.

On another note, general members info . . There may be a plan in the pipeline for a Bayrisher Wald (Bavarian Forest), trip in 2017.
Sorry to divert your thread Thomas (please don't post replies or comments on my post in this thread peeps - thanks), I shall start a thread on the topic in due course if things develope.

Cheers
Tel

Last edited by 0ldcat on Fri Mar 27 2015, 09:06; edited 1 time in total
0ldcat
0ldcat
founder

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  BlueZed Fri Mar 27 2015, 09:05

Bayerischer Wald sounds fab! Count me in... seeing as it's so near Smile

BlueZed
BlueZed
Event-Organiser
Event-Organiser

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  SteveCat Fri Mar 27 2015, 10:05

Thanks Tel, that's exactly what I had planned to do, let see the interest here first left thumb up
SteveCat
SteveCat
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  BlueZed Mon May 18 2015, 12:12

Just bumping this thread up again...

It was a long weekend here (bank holiday on Thursday and all) and I've been doing about 1500km in those four days touring around the alps with 3 mates. Been really great even though we lost one on the first day due to a low speed slide. He was fine but forks bent so couldn't continue sadly.

The rough route was from Munich to Bormio (Italy) via several passes and a short bit of Switzerland. Then down to Lake Garda the next day and from there to the Dolomites. Finally back home via Brenner pass on the fourth day after a couple of laps of the Sella Ronda.

Anyway... if anyone's still on the fence about coming along here's a few teaser photos Wink

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

If anyone's interested in the actual route I've mapped it out here on MotoPlaner where you can export to pretty much any GPS device:
Day 1 (Weilheim - Bormio): [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Day 2 (Bormio - Gardasee): [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Day 3 (Gardasee - Wolkenstein): [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Day 4 (Wolkenstein - Weilheim): [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
BlueZed
BlueZed
Event-Organiser
Event-Organiser

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  BlueZed Thu Jul 16 2015, 07:01

Well.... not long to go now. Steve's probably already starting to pack for this trip and I'm just counting down the days now... 14 left Wink

All the routes are sorted, hotels are booked and Steve's even bringing a friend on another Tracer while I managed to get a few people from the German MT-09 forum to join us as well... and even the long term forecasts are looking promising sunny

Really can't wait now Very Happy

If anyone's interested in our routes I've put them here:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
BlueZed
BlueZed
Event-Organiser
Event-Organiser

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  SteveCat Thu Jul 16 2015, 11:06

BlueZed wrote: Steve's probably already starting to pack for this trip

I've got as far as reassessing what I'll not be taking, a lot of what I had in Spain will stay at home this time, including my trusty but extremely bulky camera, first aid bag is now under the rider seat and out of the luggage space, packing for two people ... work in progress. Question

Yip off in 13 days.
SteveCat
SteveCat
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  BlueZed Thu Aug 06 2015, 10:04

Well... sadly the tour is over and I'm back at work Crying or Very sad

Guess Steve will be making his final approach to the Chunnel today and hopefully check in later on.

It was an excellent tour, I did 2009km in 5 days and really enjoyed every part of it, even riding into the clouds with 20m visibility and rain on Stelvio pass... in hindsight Shocked
The rest of the tour was in glorious sunshine and the company was great! Everyone got on really well and even the language barrier didn't seem to matter Smile

Will be doing a report in the Reports Section later... while it's still fresh in my mind.

Steve, thank you so much for making it over here for this and I hope you enjoyed it as well!

Here some photos of the trip: Picasa Album

EDIT: I've started the report here now: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
BlueZed
BlueZed
Event-Organiser
Event-Organiser

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  FatCat Thu Aug 06 2015, 14:02

Glad to hear you all had a great trip in mostly good weather, and made it home safe! clink
FatCat
FatCat
7Silver
7Silver

Male Status :

Number of posts : 429
Registration date : 2014-03-19

Back to top Go down