Yamaha Thundercats
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RIP Bishops Castle

+10
Rosco
SteveCat
Radar
MrNutt
weasley
littlecat
Snowcat
ellie
TT_mark
robertcains
14 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

RIP Bishops Castle Empty RIP Bishops Castle

Post  robertcains Mon Feb 23 2015, 20:53

OK Guys & Gals, I'm going to start with a huge heartfelt apology thumb down

As some of you will know from the BC thread there have been some developments, I feel its fair to give everyone an explanation so here goes.

I booked BC way back in September last year & have frankly never been so organised lol.
As per usual I block booked the Boars Head accommodation (3 double rooms) and the restaurant for Friday evening as per usual, I had email confirmation from Darren the Landlord to verify this last Sept.

Last week Stevecat was chatting with me & informed me that The Boars were still showing accommodation available on various websites, I contacted Darren who admitted there was an oversight on his part (I now since believe that some accomodation was already double booked at that time) This was apparently my fault as I'd not left my card details with them to secure the rooms, In the past six years I have never been asked for these & would happily have given them.

Thinking everything was OK again I was then contacted by Darren on facebook to say for the second year running our weekend had clashed with one of his tribute acts so his pub would be closed to us from 6pm on the Friday (It was myself that spotted this double booking last year just a few weeks before & he had to delay his then act of Lionel Ritchie till a later date as I was first booked)
This year clashed with his Tina Turner act & he asked me to swap evenings with the Three Tunns which isn't ideal as those of you that attend will know (and it would require their co-operation too)
Darren insisted it was my fault as I'm on his pubs facebook page & its my responsibility to check the clash so I did & he first posted his tribute on New Years eve some three months after my confirmation.

I politely said to him about this & he then started ranting about them accomodating us in previous years despite some very awkward guests that I brought with me!
He denied he had confirmed via email too until I sent him a copy of it, Reluctantly he agreed to speak to his act on Monday (Today) as he couldnt contact them over the weekend.
Having gven this plenty of thought & discussion I was concerned that we might not be made very welcome in the pub so at 8am this morning I contacted him politely to say that after some thought we would leave things as they were & not use the restaurant as it was closed but would still happily take the three rooms B&B. This would then leave The Boars free to host their act as the pub was a private function.
The reply was astounding & I was told that he had already altered his act & told all his guests now (which is a lie as its still booked on the Friday & he couldnt contact them until today) & that our rooms would be released back into the system as a free for all as we were no longer going to use his Restaurant!!
Upon checking the rooms online as I wanted to rebook them for just B&B I found that only one twin room became available this morning which make me think two were already double booked.

So the story now turns to BC not having enough accomodation for us at short notice including the ride organiser lol, I think I've managed to contact everyone who had already booked & fortunately it appears everyone has been able to cancel without financial penalty.
I had been seriously thinking of moving the ride next year as although BC has been good to us its become a little repetative in both roads & pubs, Anyway the plan has had to come forward a year & with just over two months notice its left me with fewer options than I would have liked!

The date will stay the same, It will be based on Welsh tarmac again too!
I have found somewhere that is rich in B&B's with a gorgeous setting on the coast, some of you will know it well others not so well
LLANDUDNO, NORTH WALES is set for the Thundercat invasion gi cheers

RIP Bishops Castle Image_zps7f34f248

The meet & greet will be in The Palladium (LL30 2DD) which is a Wetherspoons unlike any I've ever seen.

RIP Bishops Castle Image_zps2b187aba

RIP Bishops Castle Image_zps41bce386

The rideout will leave the Seafront on Sat morning for the North Wales ride & Saturday evening meal & frolics will be in The Cottage Loaf next door to The Palladium (both eateries have been tested by Mrs Shuker & passed with flying colours) which is a similar type of pub to the Three Tunns, I am awaiting a confirmation on this booking tomorrow but have been told it is limited to 20 places for eating, I am going to give priority with these places to those already commited to BC which is fair, & then those on a first come first served basis, I need you to reply to confirm if you wish to eat here please.

There are plenty of B&B's but please bear in mind that the area will be based around that of the Palladium Postcode & you will need to be within walking distance & that most places only offer on street parking, If you are a bit precious about your bike (we are!) then there are properties that have private driveways & garages etc (ours will be in the B&B back garden under cctv) please choose carefully.

Once again apologies for all the upheaval & I hope you can still join us, I cant deny I'm a tad excited about a fresh area!

Many Thanks Nick

Last edited by robertcains on Tue Feb 24 2015, 06:59; edited 1 time in total
robertcains
robertcains
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Number of posts : 2160
Humour : Lol. No chance!!
Registration date : 2009-01-10

Back to top Go down

RIP Bishops Castle Empty Re: RIP Bishops Castle

Post  TT_mark Mon Feb 23 2015, 21:25

As with everyone else whos a regular on BC it is saddening. But with the way things have gone with the boars head i can fully understand nick and ellies decision. Now is a good time to change.

I am saddened because i am losing my local thundercat ride out. But also this weekend event holds some good and one not so good memory for myself. It was my first introduction to large group riding. But also my introduction to some great people. These people make the weekends and not so much the place.

It will be great to ride some fresh roads. And im sure both Nick and ellie will do us all proud with a great weekend.

I'm still in.
TT_mark
TT_mark
3Silver
3Silver

Male Status :

Number of posts : 219
Hobbies : Joiner
Humour : loves to ride and fly in helicopters...
Registration date : 2013-05-14

Back to top Go down

Post  TT_mark Mon Feb 23 2015, 21:26

What yah going to call it though.
TT_mark
TT_mark
3Silver
3Silver

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  ellie Mon Feb 23 2015, 21:27

Very sad after the happy memories of BC but it was beyond our control.

Looking forward to Llandudno. 50 shades of Grey! (Average age of Llandudno 89 lol)

ellie
ellie
Admin2
Admin2

Female Status :

Number of posts : 4347
Registration date : 2009-01-27

http://ellen.shuker@nhs.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Snowcat Mon Feb 23 2015, 21:30

Still in Nick as long as I can find secure parking, ill get on the case in the morning but defo a yes.

As previously discussed I think an email to The Three Tuns, petrol station, foxholes and the various B&Bs etc now looking to see a not so prosperous May takings as a result of the Boars Head might be in order. This ride out was good for the local economy and is sad for them but hey ho and on we go, seaside here we come.
Snowcat
Snowcat
6Gold
6Gold

Male Status :

Number of posts : 2426
Hobbies : Aluminium & Stainless Steel Sales : Motorcycling, snooker, football, not going out
Humour : Dry, sarcastic, funny, bit cruel, p*ss taking
Registration date : 2011-09-28

Back to top Go down

Post  TT_mark Mon Feb 23 2015, 21:33

Steve if you find anything give me a shout would rather be off road parking than sea front. Lol
TT_mark
TT_mark
3Silver
3Silver

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  robertcains Mon Feb 23 2015, 21:41

Lol Steve, I have obviously contacted the Tunns to cancel our booking & to thank them for some brilliant service, beer & food over the last 6 years, the reply via email was to be honest just what I expected Tim to say!
He wasn't complimentary about the owners of the Boars in the slightest,
I've vented my views on tripadvisor (to be authorised) & on the fb log in for there,
However Both Ellie & myself have been deleted from Darren's personal fb & the Boars Head closed group to stop us seeing the Tina Turner tribute 'date change'
However I can still see it is Friday on the main website ;-)

And on the plus side Spoonies will save us a bomb on food & overpriced shit beer in the Boars

Last edited by robertcains on Tue Feb 24 2015, 07:02; edited 1 time in total
robertcains
robertcains
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  littlecat Mon Feb 23 2015, 22:00

still arguing with the boss over holidays..but assuming I can get it off , I think we'd both still be in.... tips on places with secure parking would be good, don't fancy parking pumpkin in the street
littlecat
littlecat
1Gold
1Gold

Female Status :

Number of posts : 535
Hobbies : artist
Registration date : 2011-05-06

Back to top Go down

Post  Snowcat Mon Feb 23 2015, 22:04

TT_mark wrote:Steve if you find anything give me a shout would rather be off road parking than sea front. Lol
I'll do some research tomorrow and post my findings on here if that's okay with you Nick?
Snowcat
Snowcat
6Gold
6Gold

Male Status :

Hobbies : Aluminium & Stainless Steel Sales : Motorcycling, snooker, football, not going out

Back to top Go down

Post  Radar Mon Feb 23 2015, 22:06

Still in B&B booked, 10 mins from the pub

LL1 here we come!
Radar
Radar
Admin2
Admin2

Number of posts : 2066
Registration date : 2009-02-15

Back to top Go down

Post  Radar Mon Feb 23 2015, 22:07

Shame all the other good people have to miss out on some welcome trade too.
Radar
Radar
Admin2
Admin2

Back to top Go down

Post  robertcains Mon Feb 23 2015, 22:13

That's fine Steve, banter away!
I'm as new to the area as everyone else Cath so can't advise sorry,  we went on booking.com & then rang the B&B up to ask about parking.
This year I'm also going to ask peeps if some of the regular veterans of BC will take a stint at Tail End Charlie to give the regulars a break please. It's not always a thankful job even at the best of times.
I hope peeps will bear with me & assist me this year as much as possible as I'm on unfamiliar territory.
robertcains
robertcains
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  TT_mark Mon Feb 23 2015, 22:15

Hey nick can we do a top gun impression by riding down raf Valley on anglesey.

I will offer my service's for TEC as i have some familiarity with the area.
TT_mark
TT_mark
3Silver
3Silver

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  weasley Mon Feb 23 2015, 22:32

Good, bold decision making. left thumb up

I'm guessing Llandudno will have a plethora of accommodation options; I'll take a look myself and see what I can find.  When I discovered what was afoot I was hoping we'd end up by the sea!

I am happy to TEC.
weasley
weasley
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Number of posts : 1506
Hobbies : Yes
Humour : Yes
Registration date : 2008-11-07

Back to top Go down

Post  Snowcat Mon Feb 23 2015, 23:23

Ditto for a stint TEC, it's about time I grew up!!

Ref the hotels is it worth people posting where they have booked to make life easier for others?

Last edited by Snowcat on Mon Feb 23 2015, 23:35; edited 1 time in total
Snowcat
Snowcat
6Gold
6Gold

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  robertcains Mon Feb 23 2015, 23:27

Cheers everyone!
I still think Nutty boys clowning around caused the demise of BC....... rofl rofl
robertcains
robertcains
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  MrNutt Mon Feb 23 2015, 23:35

You started that by saying I'll bet you....
MrNutt
MrNutt
5Gold
5Gold

Male Status :

Number of posts : 1767
Hobbies : Events
Registration date : 2011-05-03

Back to top Go down

Post  Radar Mon Feb 23 2015, 23:44

I will tske a Stint at TEC if needed
Radar
Radar
Admin2
Admin2

Back to top Go down

Post  robertcains Mon Feb 23 2015, 23:50

What memories! This is like a wake at a funeral remembering old stories of an old bygone friend & laughing rofl2 rofl2 rofl2
robertcains
robertcains
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  robertcains Mon Feb 23 2015, 23:53

Snowcat wrote: Ref the hotels is it worth people posting where they have booked to make life easier for others?

Not sure Steve as there are literally hundreds of rooms available, the chances of ringing the same B&B is minimal
robertcains
robertcains
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  ellie Mon Feb 23 2015, 23:55

In case we forget ..... We're in a four poster bed at Haversham House, 15 Arvon Avenue. naughty
ellie
ellie
Admin2
Admin2

Female Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  ellie Mon Feb 23 2015, 23:59

I just hope the OAP's are ready for us!! old
ellie
ellie
Admin2
Admin2

Female Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  robertcains Tue Feb 24 2015, 00:00

Make a change to be younger than the troublemakers 'eh green smile

Last edited by robertcains on Tue Feb 24 2015, 00:22; edited 1 time in total
robertcains
robertcains
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  Snowcat Tue Feb 24 2015, 00:18

robertcains wrote:
Snowcat wrote: Ref the hotels is it worth people posting where they have booked to make life easier for others?

Not sure Steve as there are literally hundreds of rooms available, the chances of ringing the same B&B is minimal

I was thinking if someone finds a bed with secure parking for the bike, share the info so others can follow, save a lot of duplicated effort. Plus it saves 20 odd of us scattered all over Llandudno eating sad breakfasts for 1
Snowcat
Snowcat
6Gold
6Gold

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  robertcains Tue Feb 24 2015, 00:24

Ahh sorry Steve I thought you meant the opposite so avoiding ringing somewhere fully booked, I know we took the last room where we are staying.
robertcains
robertcains
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next