Yamaha Thundercats
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Taste of Lincolnshire 2015 - ToL XII

+18
ellie
kwakkat
mechy69
Radar
bignige
Lone'cat
Dai-San
prime
MrNutt
0ldcat
Dirt Bike Dave
Snowcat
alleycat
Robcat
weasley
robertcains
Rosco
greencat
22 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Taste of Lincolnshire 2015 - ToL XII - Page 2 Empty Taste of Lincolnshire 2015 - ToL XII

Post  greencat Fri Feb 06 2015, 22:04

First topic message reminder :

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Taste of Lincolnshire 2015 (ToL 12)

Hi folks,

The ride-out section is filling out nicely this year.

This years ToL is set for the Friday 4th September to Sunday 6th September based once again at The Village Limits in Woodhall Spa just 20 miles East of Lincoln.

The format will be, as usual:

FridayMake your own way to Woodhall Spa. Individually or ride-in with others.
Friday eveningMeet, greet and eat at the venue from around 6pm onwards. Meet the riders, wives, mothers, childern! More the merrier.
SaturdayFull days ride-out around Lincolnshire and maybe beyond. Stops at local hostelries for good food and drink.
Saturday eveningMeet and re-live the days events over excellent Lincolnshire food and ale. Antics may ensue!
Sunday morningHearty Lincolnshire breakfast to ready you for the ride home. Farewells and photos.

Accommodation is available at the venue. I've booked 4 twin rooms for the Friday and Saturday nights, so please contact me if you want one of these. First come first served. A £10 non-refundable deposit is required per person per night. Rooms are £42.50 pppn including breakfast. There is a range of other accommodation available in Woodhall Spa: hotels, B&B's and camping. I'll post up details soon.

If you haven't made it to ToL before you are most welcome to join us for a route around the open, twisty and sometimes hilly roads of the Lincolnshire Wolds and beyond. I hope you'll find it doesn't meet your preconceptions. For those who have been before I hope you can join us again.

It seems a long time to September, but it'll be here before you know it!

Post up if you can make it - over-nighters, day riders, pillions and non-rider are all welcome.
Post up any questions.

See you in September.

Cheers,
Chris

Accommodation

B&B accommodation:
The Claremont Guest House
The Oglee Guest House

Hotels:
The Petwood Hotel
The Golf Hotel

Self catering accommodation:
The Hideaway

Camping, Caravaning & 'Sky' lodges:
Woodhall Country Park
Petwood Caravan Park

Other Accommodation
Other Accommodation

Last edited by greencat on Sun Feb 08 2015, 20:27; edited 5 times in total (Reason for editing : Accommodation details added)

Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Number of posts : 1558
Hobbies : Computers/Landscape/Travel/Sleep
Humour : Lots of things make me laugh!
Registration date : 2008-11-08

Back to top Go down

Taste of Lincolnshire 2015 - ToL XII - Page 2 Empty Re: Taste of Lincolnshire 2015 - ToL XII

Post  Dai-San Tue Mar 17 2015, 00:41

Count me in for the Saturday rideout.

Cheers

Dai-San
5Silver
5Silver

Number of posts : 338
Registration date : 2011-04-10

http://www.dai-san.com

Back to top Go down

Taste of Lincolnshire 2015 - ToL XII - Page 2 Empty Re: Taste of Lincolnshire 2015 - ToL XII

Post  weasley Tue Mar 17 2015, 07:30

I'm booked in one of 'the other' rooms at the VL.
weasley
weasley
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Number of posts : 1506
Hobbies : Yes
Humour : Yes
Registration date : 2008-11-07

Back to top Go down

Post  Lone'cat Sun May 31 2015, 22:01

Have put it in the diary - just need to get the logistics sorted violet-lol

S
Lone'cat
Lone'cat
7Bronze
7Bronze

Female Status :

Number of posts : 89
Humour : Wouldn't like to meet it in an alley on a dark night
Registration date : 2014-03-24

Back to top Go down

Post  bignige Tue Jun 02 2015, 14:27

It's been a while but for once the diary is free and this is too close to home to miss so I'd like to join you for the ride on the Saturday And both of us for dinner on the Saturday Night please
bignige
bignige
1Silver
1Silver

Male Status :

Number of posts : 112
Hobbies : Pies, Beer n Bikes
Humour : The Beatings will continue until Morale improves !
Registration date : 2009-02-12

Back to top Go down

Post  Radar Tue Jun 02 2015, 22:16

Sadly I can't make it. I had hoped to come over on my RD350. However I have already promised to help out an excellent local charity on that weekend.

I WILL make TOL next year...
Radar
Radar
Admin2
Admin2

Number of posts : 2066
Registration date : 2009-02-15

Back to top Go down

Post  0ldcat Tue Jun 02 2015, 22:29

bignige wrote:It's been a while but for once the diary is free and this is too close to home to miss so I'd like to join you for the ride on the Saturday And both of us for dinner on the Saturday Night please
It'll be good to see you both again Nige great
Radar wrote:I WILL make TOL next year...
Oh, You little tease. . . You say that EVERY year Laughing
0ldcat
0ldcat
founder

Male Status :

Number of posts : 5229
Hobbies : Motorcycling, Cooking, Rugby
Humour : It shrank in the wash
Registration date : 2008-11-05

https://www.yamaha-thundercats.org

Back to top Go down

Post  robertcains Tue Jun 02 2015, 22:35

Tel, Are you still going to taxi everyone to the pub again? We could all fit in those Panniers!
Might make us feel a bit travel sick though the way you peddled it at BC!
robertcains
robertcains
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Number of posts : 2160
Humour : Lol. No chance!!
Registration date : 2009-01-10

Back to top Go down

Post  Radar Tue Jun 02 2015, 22:59

0ldcat wrote:
Radar wrote:I WILL make TOL next year...
Oh, You little tease. . . You say that EVERY year Laughing
I know, it always seem to clash with something, it took me three attempts to make a return to Weemac!
Radar
Radar
Admin2
Admin2

Number of posts : 2066
Registration date : 2009-02-15

Back to top Go down

Post  mechy69 Sat Jun 06 2015, 15:24

you tease about coming on the 350 and then say you cant make pah,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
mechy69
mechy69
Event-Organiser
Event-Organiser

Male Status :

Number of posts : 717
Hobbies : annoying bmw drivers
Humour : black
Registration date : 2008-11-06

Back to top Go down

Taste of Lincolnshire 2015 - ToL XII - Page 2 Empty tol

Post  kwakkat Sat Jun 06 2015, 16:32

i might just  be  able  to  ride up on  the  day   just seen the spare place who would i be sharing with a 25 year old red head with big fenders il check on work & let you know
pete
kwakkat
kwakkat
4Gold
4Gold

Male Status :

Number of posts : 1399
Hobbies : living the life
Humour : evil just plain evil

Back to top Go down

Post  ellie Sun Jun 07 2015, 20:14

mechy69 wrote:you tease about coming on the 350 and then say you cant make pah,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Pot, kettle!!
ellie
ellie
Admin2
Admin2

Female Status :

Number of posts : 4347
Registration date : 2009-01-27

http://ellen.shuker@nhs.net

Back to top Go down

Post  greencat Tue Jun 09 2015, 22:06

Hey, some activity on the thread Very Happy That means I need to start organising you all green smile violet-lol

Lonecat - if you need any help with sorting accommodation or recommended routes up just ask;
BigNige - wonderful to hear from you. Will be great to see you again, thought you'd deserted us sad , but should have known better great
Kwakkat - hope you can get to join us. It won't be the same if you're not there wink thumb up
Radar - and we were going to swap Duc's! don\'t know Now what am I gonna do? You better get 2016 down in the diary now.

Will update the sign up page over the weekend.
Have already checked out one location we've never been to (gets more difficult to do each year!).

If anyone else wants to attend please post up. Still time to sort accommodation.
Be great to see some more of the locals make it even if it's just for the day green smile

Cheers,
Chris

Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  kwakkat Thu Jun 11 2015, 20:46

question is there a spare bed going at VL if so who with
if not i,l ride up sat
pete
kwakkat
kwakkat
4Gold
4Gold

Male Status :

Number of posts : 1399
Hobbies : living the life
Humour : evil just plain evil

Back to top Go down

Post  Snowcat Thu Jun 11 2015, 21:46

Radar wrote:Sadly I can't make it. I had hoped to come over on my RD350.
And I'm here readying the RGV for a smoketastic 2 stroke invasion, you know some people!!
Snowcat
Snowcat
6Gold
6Gold

Male Status :

Number of posts : 2426
Hobbies : Aluminium & Stainless Steel Sales : Motorcycling, snooker, football, not going out
Humour : Dry, sarcastic, funny, bit cruel, p*ss taking
Registration date : 2011-09-28

Back to top Go down

Post  robertcains Thu Jun 11 2015, 22:41

I could bring the old girl.....
And the Exup?
robertcains
robertcains
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  Lonterra Mon Jul 06 2015, 09:56

That's me booked in at the Claremont Guest House just down the road Smile

Breakfast will be at the guest house, but I'll be eating and drinking (and drinking some more) with you folks in the evenings though. Guinness

Will be good to catch up with you all again great
Lonterra
Lonterra
7Bronze
7Bronze

Male Status :

Number of posts : 71
Hobbies : Project Management / Blood Biker
Registration date : 2008-12-11

http://www.tbiker.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  weasley Mon Jul 06 2015, 13:30

I stayed there a few years back - nice place, good breakfast. 15-ish minutes' walk from The Village Limits but DO BRING A TORCH!!
weasley
weasley
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  robertcains Tue Jul 07 2015, 12:56

weasley wrote:I stayed there a few years back - nice place, good breakfast.  15-ish minutes' walk from The Village Limits but DO BRING A TORCH!!

Didn't the Paperazzi' camera flashes light the way enough that year? rofl
robertcains
robertcains
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  weasley Tue Jul 07 2015, 16:27

Aaah yes, I remember now. It is a long walk there but a mere 2 minutes in the car back. Cool

You have to charm a passing waitress though. And you won't be allowed to forget it.
weasley
weasley
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  dudeofrude Wed Jul 08 2015, 15:35

I won't be able to come due to work but if you do manage to make it to cleethorpes I may be able to pop and say hi quick Smile
dudeofrude
dudeofrude
7Silver
7Silver

Male Status :

Number of posts : 426
Hobbies : Gym, Tattoos, Ps4
Humour : Sick, Sarcastic
Registration date : 2014-07-08

http://www.abstract-tattoos.com

Back to top Go down

Post  greencat Wed Jul 29 2015, 19:26

dudeofrude wrote:I won't be able to come due to work but if you do manage to make it to cleethorpes I may be able to pop and say hi quick Smile

Unlikely we'll make it to Cleethorpes, it's just not the greatest place to get in and out of, but it depends where you are in town. Let me know and I'll see if it's possible. You're always welcome to join us in the evening?

Cheers,
Chris

Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  greencat Wed Jul 29 2015, 19:38

Hi All,

I've updated the ToL signup page with the latest information I have. If anyone else would like to join us please let me know. Full weekend, ride out only or evening only are all possible. Would be great to get some of the new site members taking part - don't be shy, you're very welcome.

Dinner for the Saturday night has been booked for all attendees. As usual the menu will be available soon and it would be a big help if you can let me know your food order, then we should all get served about the same time. fencing

The route is in the planning stage and will be disclosed on the Saturday morning. If anyone wants to join us during the day then again let me know and we can agree a meeting point depending on the route.

That's it for now. Any questions please post up. Time to pack for The Big Mac - can't wait.

Cheers,
Chris

Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  Lonterra Tue Aug 11 2015, 20:43

Change of plan for me, (Which Chris is already aware of)

I'll now be stopping at VL with the rest of you, so you can let the papparazzi stand down. What a Face

And it means a lot less faff with breakfast and so on for me Very Happy

Can;t wait - Only 3 weeks to go great
Lonterra
Lonterra
7Bronze
7Bronze

Male Status :

Number of posts : 71
Hobbies : Project Management / Blood Biker
Registration date : 2008-12-11

http://www.tbiker.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Lone'cat Wed Aug 26 2015, 23:06

'Fraid I'm not going to make it. Things have conspired, the stars are not aligned and the buggers have caught up with me grrr. Have a good one, look forward to hearing the stories - ride safe

S
Lone'cat
Lone'cat
7Bronze
7Bronze

Female Status :

Number of posts : 89
Humour : Wouldn't like to meet it in an alley on a dark night
Registration date : 2014-03-24

Back to top Go down

Post  Snowcat Thu Aug 27 2015, 14:00

I have spoken to Chris (Greencat) and unfortunately due to a double booking I am unable to attend, quite gutted as I was really looking forward to this but it was a promise made a while ago I now can't go back on.

Hope it's a good one anyway chaps.
Snowcat
Snowcat
6Gold
6Gold

Male Status :

Number of posts : 2426
Hobbies : Aluminium & Stainless Steel Sales : Motorcycling, snooker, football, not going out
Humour : Dry, sarcastic, funny, bit cruel, p*ss taking
Registration date : 2011-09-28

Back to top Go down

Post  greencat Fri Aug 28 2015, 20:31

Hi All,

Only one week to go!  Time to order your food for Saturday night.

Here's a link to the normal menu and below is a list of the specials available. Please post up or let me know what you would like by the end of Monday so I can let the venue know. This will ensure we all get our food at the same time on Saturday evening.

Looking forward to welcoming everyone to Lincolnshire again.
There is still one room available at the venue if anyone would still like to join us please contact The Village Limits directly if you want to make a booking.

Regards,
Chris

Starters

Deep Fried Salt and Pepper Squid, Julienne of Carrot and Cucumber, Five Flavour Vinaigrette
Lincolnshire Rabbit and Juniper Berry Terrine, Billy’s Hand Picked Fig Jam, Toasted Sundried Tomato Ciabatta
Ricotta, Basil and Pinenut Stuffed Courgette Rolls, Wild Rocket and Balsamic Dressing (v)
Smoked Halibut, Served on Citrus Braised Fennel and a Caper Dressing

Mains

Breast of Pan Roasted Duck, Cooked to Your Liking, with a Port and Poacher Sauce, Parsnip and Carrot Chips
Grilled Whole Grimsby Dab, with a Lemon Butter and a Minted Pea Puree
Homemade Lincoln Red Beef Burger, Topped with Cote Hill Blue Cheese, Served in a Toasted Bun with Leaves and Tomato
Roasted Cabbage Heart, Topped with Goat’s Cheese, Apple and Pecans, Dressed with a Thyme Vinaigrette

Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next