Yamaha Thundercats
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Yes or No (please be yes took ages) lol

+12
Digger1981
SteveCat
Jkillroe
Tee-Forty
TomCom
0ldcat
Wooster
nickadam
mrfrance
Rosco
sir digby
The White One
16 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Yes or No (please be yes took ages) lol Empty Yes or No (please be yes took ages) lol

Post  The White One Mon Nov 24 2014, 16:53

So finally got started on the paint job for the white and black kitty. Have only sprayed the seat hump as would like opinion on colour. The red stripe in the middle I was thinking of spraying black. It is all sprayed no stickers. I know there is a slight flaw on one of the gold stripes but that will just be a touch up when i sprayed the middle stripe. Its not finished still have gold fleck lacquer to go over the top but thought would get opions before lol.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
The White One
The White One
7Silver
7Silver

Male Status :

Number of posts : 467
Hobbies : Riding, Fixing, Riding Fixing
Humour : Dry, witty, Known as the child.
Registration date : 2014-09-06

Back to top Go down

Yes or No (please be yes took ages) lol Empty Re: Yes or No (please be yes took ages) lol

Post  sir digby Mon Nov 24 2014, 18:19

No to the gold or red and gold together but that's just me and I have no style or colour coordination but black and gold makes me all wobbly lotus jps f1 car springs to mind but you do what u like fella looks a quality job like.
Cheers Mark
sir digby
sir digby
6Silver
6Silver

Male Status :

Number of posts : 361
Hobbies : roofer/titting about
Humour : if iam put on life support machine turn it off and on again see if that works
Registration date : 2011-04-19

http://yorkhomeimprovements.com

Back to top Go down

Yes or No (please be yes took ages) lol Empty Re: Yes or No (please be yes took ages) lol

Post  Rosco Tue Nov 25 2014, 00:17

Looks like a Christmas pressie all wrapped up.

I've no colour co-ordination though so probably best to suit yourself.

Cheers
Rosco

Rosco
Rosco
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Number of posts : 6659
Humour : Oh Go On Then
Registration date : 2008-11-06

Back to top Go down

Post  mrfrance Tue Nov 25 2014, 08:33

I'm with Rosco on the xmas prezzie. Perhaps it's just the picture quality, but the red comes through a bit pink I feel the bike will look rather feminine once it's finished. If you say you're going to throw white in there too.. I'm not certain this will go (in my opinion)

I do like black and gold though, have you thought about replacing the red with white and doing the whole kitty black? or vice versa?

Sorry, it's not the answer you want but I won't lie to you.

Paul
mrfrance
mrfrance
4Gold
4Gold

Male Status :

Number of posts : 1198
Registration date : 2011-05-15

Back to top Go down

Post  The White One Tue Nov 25 2014, 09:10

Yes ok a festive paint job lol.
Yes it does look a little pink in the picture but in the flesh it is quite a nice deep red.

My favourate colours are red and black and was going to do just those but thought about a third colour.

The main body of the bike will be black with gold graphics (sprayed not stickers) The gold and red stripes are just going straight down the middle of the bike. Having the frame and swingarm powdercoated black but not sure on the wheels (gold or black). Not sure what to do with the screen at the moment. Spare set of calipers that again not sure on gold or black. Gold braded brake lines, screen and fairing bolts will match the paint where they sit so will blend in (gold, red or black) Black and gold passenger footpets and trying to find similar for rearsets (impossible at the moment). Picked up some aluminium gold accented grips, new brake discs with gold centre, was thinking of swopping forks for gold R6 ones but bit pricey, so might get them sprayed up. Visible engine casings will be sprayed jet black and all fairing holes will have gold mesh (yes chicken wire lol) over them. Have fuel cap that is mainly gold with black button in the middle hence the black strip that will go in the middle.

The colours are Ford Saphire Red, Ford Jet Black and Subaru BBS Gold GK1.

I know its not everyones (maybe no-ones lol) cup of tea, not really looking to sell on after as would like to keep her (labour of love and all that) Really using it for practice and looking to start up my own spray/custom build business and want to try different styles/colours and designs. Next is the busa but that wont be till next year.

Any input in greatly appriciated and any ideas on what ive mentioned above or colour/design ideas for the busa will be greatly received.
The White One
The White One
7Silver
7Silver

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  mrfrance Tue Nov 25 2014, 10:12

If you're adamant on the red then perhaps being more consistent with it might help i.e. red wheels, black calipers with gold brake lines, it will break up the colours at least and the strip down the middle won't be a shock.

...or tell me to shut up Very Happy
mrfrance
mrfrance
4Gold
4Gold

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  The White One Tue Nov 25 2014, 10:49

No i appriciate your comments thats what i came here for positive or negative. I was thinking where else i could put red. The big stripe down the middle will be black so it will just be the four thin (6mm) red lines in the final paint job. Just not sure how else i can put red pin stripes on the side fairings and also was not sure as to whether to carry on the stripe onto the front and rear mud guards?

The sides will have the yzf thundercat and the yamaha graphics in the standard place but gold, will have to use a gold sticker for the deltabox graphic on the frame, the tail will have the aero super sport in gold, the nose cone, tank and tail centre piece will also have yamaha sprayed in gold and have original yamaha raised tuning fork logo to go on the tank beside the yamaha as well.

I think your right about incorpating red into it a bit more and ideas would be great. Red rim tape? Red braded lines? Seat is going to be covered to match the paint scheme as well.
The White One
The White One
7Silver
7Silver

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  mrfrance Tue Nov 25 2014, 11:26

Red rim tape would work well, on black wheels though.

Probably not worth carrying the strip on to the rear mud guard, front would be ok I suppose. I personally wouldn't put any red on the sides, although you could some red out line around some of the graphics?
mrfrance
mrfrance
4Gold
4Gold

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  The White One Tue Nov 25 2014, 11:32

Thats a good idea about the red outline i'll have a look at how i could do that.

Yes black wheels red rim tape.

Thanks for your input munh appriciated.
The White One
The White One
7Silver
7Silver

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  nickadam Sun Nov 30 2014, 09:03

I think that looks pretty cool.
Kinda retro cool
I'd like to see it when it's finished
I say yes
nickadam
nickadam
4Bronze
4Bronze

Male Status :

Number of posts : 32
Registration date : 2014-07-28

Back to top Go down

Post  Wooster Sun Nov 30 2014, 11:38

Red, black and gold is quite a festive combination, or possibly Chinese.  Very Happy

The only ones who've managed to make that combo work recently (imho) is the Lotus F1 team, but they used the red sparingly.
Applying that to the bike would be something like full body black, with gold coach lining and a solid red hugger?

One problem is that you also have a 4th colour to contend with, the engine, swingarm and frame are silver, so the actual scheme would be red, black, gold and silver. Question
Wooster
Wooster
Mod3
Mod3

Male Status :

Number of posts : 1851
Registration date : 2011-06-03

http://www.woostyandkeas.com/forum/index.php

Back to top Go down

Post  The White One Mon Dec 01 2014, 19:11

Did you read the bit where i said i was having the frame and swing arm powdercoated black along with the visible casings tongue

This is what i have done now and think it looks better so am going with this style.

Also in the process of spraying the spare screen i have, still riding the bike so trying to get done what i can while still being able to ride it so that includes the front and rear guards and possibly the infill panels under the handle bars then its a total stipdown for the main works to take plce.
The White One
The White One
7Silver
7Silver

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  mrfrance Tue Dec 02 2014, 07:40

That does look better!
mrfrance
mrfrance
4Gold
4Gold

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  Wooster Tue Dec 02 2014, 11:06

Aye, that breaks it up a bit. Smile
Wooster
Wooster
Mod3
Mod3

Male Status :

Number of posts : 1851
Registration date : 2011-06-03

http://www.woostyandkeas.com/forum/index.php

Back to top Go down

Post  The White One Tue Dec 02 2014, 19:56

Ok, so spare screen partly done, looks very similar now to the Mustang stripes lol

The White One
The White One
7Silver
7Silver

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  0ldcat Tue Dec 02 2014, 20:25

Uh-huh green smile

I am of course a bit bias (as I likes the subtle Lotus JPS styling), But a Black and Gold Thundercat . . . . Smile
And to agree with Wooster's earlier sentiment;
Wooster wrote:The only ones who've managed to make that combo work recently (imho) is the Lotus F1 team, but they used the red sparingly.

Although there is this shot too . . .

0ldcat
0ldcat
founder

Male Status :

Number of posts : 5229
Hobbies : Motorcycling, Cooking, Rugby
Humour : It shrank in the wash
Registration date : 2008-11-05

https://www.yamaha-thundercats.org

Back to top Go down

Post  The White One Mon Dec 08 2014, 09:56

Get ready for someone else to make it work lol. Ever so slight graphic change but it will work lol
The White One
The White One
7Silver
7Silver

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  The White One Mon Dec 08 2014, 18:54

Ok, this is the seat hump finished. Picture not great but I think you get the idea. Too much gold fleck?

The White One
The White One
7Silver
7Silver

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  mrfrance Tue Dec 09 2014, 12:10

It's ok if you're riding in stilettos Wink ...I'm sure there's a Lincolnshire chap on here who might join you with that green smile

Sorry, a little too much gold fleck in my opinion, might look rather "glam"
mrfrance
mrfrance
4Gold
4Gold

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  The White One Tue Dec 09 2014, 12:52

No thats fine, I thought too much, was trying to go twinkling stars not starlight express lol.

Have to be a bit more sparse with the flecks me think lol
The White One
The White One
7Silver
7Silver

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  TomCom Tue Dec 09 2014, 18:00

just WOW Smile o yes
TomCom
TomCom
4Gold
4Gold

Male Status :

Number of posts : 1310
Hobbies : Tattoos, PS4, Airsoft
Humour : dark humour
Registration date : 2011-08-15

Back to top Go down

Post  Tee-Forty Tue Dec 16 2014, 05:16

You would have got a better finish on the screen if you had applied the paint on the inside of the screen. Also, any damage from supersonic insects and small stones etc can be polished out without affecting the paint.

A bit late to tell you that, sorry.
Tee-Forty
Tee-Forty
3Silver
3Silver

Male Status :

Number of posts : 245
Registration date : 2013-06-21

Back to top Go down

Post  The White One Tue Dec 16 2014, 08:08

Never thought of that lol, but in the pic screen isn't finished yet, no red stripes and no lacquer.
The White One
The White One
7Silver
7Silver

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  Jkillroe Tue Jan 06 2015, 22:48

I'd like to see the finished product on the bike I think it looks good so far
Jkillroe
Jkillroe
2Silver
2Silver

Male Status :

Number of posts : 176
Registration date : 2014-07-23

Back to top Go down

Post  The White One Wed Jan 07 2015, 00:51

Unfortunatly due to recent bad weather havent sprayed anything else as only have my Man Tent (gazeebo with sides) and was wayyyy to cold to spray so will have to wait till the weather warms up to strip and spray but I will update as soon as poss.
The White One
The White One
7Silver
7Silver

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum