Yamaha Thundercats
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bishops Castle 7

+12
greencat
terry lees
0ldcat
mrfrance
prime
SteveCat
Radar
Snowcat
TT_mark
MrNutt
ellie
robertcains
16 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

jester Bishops Castle 7

Post  robertcains Tue Sep 16 2014, 20:00

First topic message reminder :

I know it's quite a long way off yet but the date for BC7 has been set for Fri 15th & Sat 16th May, unfortunately this date clashes with the German rideout but is one of only a handful that are suitable for myself, The Boars Head & The Three Tuns are our eateries again for those wishing to dine.

It may be prudent for those wishing to join us to consider provisionally booking accommodation as most don't require a deposit & only require a card swipe until we arrive.
The Boars Head is fully booked by our forum already.
An interesting addition are the wooden pods at the rear of the Kings Head pub, I've checked the area out & there is parking very close to the pods.
The Magnolia B&B has also closed it's doors & is residential now.

Many thanks for your support with the BC rideouts past & present & we look forward to seeing forum members old & new once again.
Nick
robertcains
robertcains
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Number of posts : 2160
Humour : Lol. No chance!!
Registration date : 2009-01-10

Back to top Go down

jester Re: Bishops Castle 7

Post  SteveCat Sun Feb 22 2015, 08:49

The Three Tuns is a far better venue for Saturday evening where we are all together and have the post ride speeches and awards, so would be a bit of a shame to have to swop. I've spent the last few years outside on the Friday either because there wasn't enough room inside or it was too hot.
I'll go with the flow, but my choice would be if Darren can't sort it then maybe look elsewhere for Friday.

SteveCat
Admin2
Admin2

Number of posts : 5108
Registration date : 2008-11-06

Back to top Go down

Post  0ldcat Sun Feb 22 2015, 08:53

greencat wrote:Count me in too Nick
you know what? Sod it ! I'm in.see you all there
As for the change of eateries . . .will the 3 Tuns stand us twice ?
If so I'll have the 1/2lb carno burger..on.friday. On Saturday 8oz sirloin medium rare
0ldcat
0ldcat
founder

Male Status :

Number of posts : 5229
Hobbies : Motorcycling, Cooking, Rugby
Humour : It shrank in the wash
Registration date : 2008-11-05

https://www.yamaha-thundercats.org

Back to top Go down

Post  robertcains Sun Feb 22 2015, 09:27

Great news Tel !!
Part of me wants to tell them to stick it where the sun doesn't shine but I think I'm probably cutting my nose off to spite my face!
This is the second time in two years it's happened & I recieved a Facebook message telling me the pub would be closed to us from 6pm, I politely put forward that I had a confirmed booking since Sept, the reply was I should have looked on The Boars Head Facebook page to see if it had clashed with thier tribute night, sure enough it did but that was posted on 31st Dec, over three months after my booking.
A comment was made about some of our group being very awkward guests!
SteveCat also contacted me last week to say laterooms were still showing accommodation despite me block booking all rooms, fuming doesn't even cover it after the business we have put thier way over seven years
robertcains
robertcains
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  weasley Sun Feb 22 2015, 09:40

There's an Indian restaurant in BC isn't there?

I tend to agree that arsing you about is not a good way to do business. Yes, there have been some unhelpful moments from some of our associates, but their money is as good as anyone else's. As for putting the onus on the customer to know their future plans when booking... not a great way to run a customer-facing business.

What's the Six Bells like?
weasley
weasley
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Number of posts : 1506
Hobbies : Yes
Humour : Yes
Registration date : 2008-11-07

Back to top Go down

Post  robertcains Sun Feb 22 2015, 09:53

The Indian is an option but it's very small
The Six Bells is a great pub but it's like taking a step back in time lol. They don't even have a till but a wooden drawer to keep the money in, it's a dirty boots & dog walker type of pub, I'm not dismissing it because I love the place, just not sure what you guys might think of it ;-)

I've emailed The Castle who have replied saying they can accommodate us (not sure they will like high jinks in there & it's not cheap)

The Kings Head & Six Bells have yet to reply to my emails, I need to make the decision before morning as that is when Darren is contacting his act to attempt to rearrange.
robertcains
robertcains
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  TT_mark Sun Feb 22 2015, 11:24

I go with the flow mate. The tuns is a great venue for saturday.
Love the woodwork in there.... lol.

TT_mark
TT_mark
3Silver
3Silver

Male Status :

Number of posts : 219
Hobbies : Joiner
Humour : loves to ride and fly in helicopters...
Registration date : 2013-05-14

Back to top Go down

Post  0ldcat Sun Feb 22 2015, 12:02

Not everyone likes Indian food (but you'll never please everyone anyhow). I would be quite happy in the 6 bells mate, . . . muddy boots dogs and all clink In fact I'd be happy in any hostelry  

I come to these events because the ride out is always well planned and well executed. The group members who attend are a great bunch of people from varying social groups who have common ground between them all in biking.
Most of all these weekenders are always, without fail a great craic green smile Toff  

Cheers  Thumb
Tel
PS: That's me, booked into one of their glamping  PODs Bishops Castle 7 - Page 2 Campin10
0ldcat
0ldcat
founder

Male Status :

Number of posts : 5229
Hobbies : Motorcycling, Cooking, Rugby
Humour : It shrank in the wash
Registration date : 2008-11-05

https://www.yamaha-thundercats.org

Back to top Go down

Post  robertcains Wed Feb 25 2015, 21:40