Yamaha Thundercats
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cancel insurance when you sell your bike folks!

+2
terry lees
ellie
6 posters

Go down

Cancel insurance when you sell your bike folks! Empty Cancel insurance when you sell your bike folks!

Post  ellie Mon Sep 01 2014, 18:01

Here
ellie
ellie
Admin2
Admin2

Female Status :

Number of posts : 4347
Registration date : 2009-01-27

http://ellen.shuker@nhs.net

Back to top Go down

Cancel insurance when you sell your bike folks! Empty Re: Cancel insurance when you sell your bike folks!

Post  terry lees Mon Sep 01 2014, 18:36

Read a similar scenario not too long ago.
terry lees
terry lees
4Gold
4Gold

Number of posts : 1026
Registration date : 2009-04-20

Back to top Go down

Cancel insurance when you sell your bike folks! Empty Re: Cancel insurance when you sell your bike folks!

Post  Wooster Tue Sep 02 2014, 20:34

Bloody hell. O_o
Wooster
Wooster
Mod3
Mod3

Male Status :

Number of posts : 1851
Registration date : 2011-06-03

http://www.woostyandkeas.com/forum/index.php

Back to top Go down

Post  Roll The Bones Tue Sep 02 2014, 21:25

Even when dead the crook is making someone's life hell.
Roll The Bones
Roll The Bones
7Silver
7Silver

Male Status :

Number of posts : 434
Registration date : 2011-05-09

Back to top Go down

Post  alleycat Thu Sep 04 2014, 15:09

Must admit I've been guilty of this in the past ... leaving my insurance running while out looking for a new bike so I don't lose my no claims having to cancel a policy and take a new one out when I get a new bike ... Really not worth the risk though and after reading this I won't be doing it again Shocked
alleycat
alleycat
5Silver
5Silver

Male Status :

Number of posts : 300
Hobbies : Carpenter / mechanics, guitar, mma
Registration date : 2013-01-08

Back to top Go down

Post  Snowcat Thu Sep 04 2014, 20:34

Had a situation when I traded my Cat in for the blade, my insurance had 3 weeks to run and the difference in insurance was nearly £200 if I cancelled and lost over 11 months NCB. The dealer was desperate to turn my bike round. I dragged it out saying I'd not had the new V5 and tax disc back from when I'd taken the private plate off but in the end he just sold it without the V5 and tax!! I was on pins for a fortnight while the clock ran down on my insurance having read of a similar situation, was I glad when my policy expired, not least because my blade had sat uninsured (and un ridden) in the garage at home as well causing a double panic!!

Never again is all I'll say.
Snowcat
Snowcat
6Gold
6Gold

Male Status :

Number of posts : 2426
Hobbies : Aluminium & Stainless Steel Sales : Motorcycling, snooker, football, not going out
Humour : Dry, sarcastic, funny, bit cruel, p*ss taking
Registration date : 2011-09-28

Back to top Go down