Yamaha Thundercats
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Boots

+10
yamahamad
terry lees
HEHORE
MrNutt
JDM
Dirt Bike Dave
kwakkat
greencat
Eddie990
Snowcat
14 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

New Boots - Page 2 Empty New Boots

Post  Snowcat Sun Apr 06 2014, 19:57

First topic message reminder :

Hi all looking for a bit of advice, I'm after some new boots (Hein Gericke ones been dead since about a week after I got them) and having heavily researched the market am thinking about a pair of Sidi's. Either the Vortice, Vertigo or ST air. 

Has anyone any opinions on these or any ideas for alternatives, not really seen any others I like, Alpinestars, TCX etc not really floating my boat.

Cheers chaps
Snowcat
Snowcat
6Gold
6Gold

Male Status :

Number of posts : 2426
Hobbies : Aluminium & Stainless Steel Sales : Motorcycling, snooker, football, not going out
Humour : Dry, sarcastic, funny, bit cruel, p*ss taking
Registration date : 2011-09-28

Back to top Go down

New Boots - Page 2 Empty Re: New Boots

Post  ellie Sun Apr 13 2014, 18:53

Try them on as they're a very personal fit. I'm not a massive fan of Sidis, I find them very short, but love my Dianese pro-torque outs.

ellie
Admin2
Admin2

Number of posts : 4347
Registration date : 2009-01-27

http://ellen.shuker@nhs.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Snowcat Sun Apr 13 2014, 20:07

ellie wrote:Try them on as they're a very personal fit. I'm not a massive fan of Sidis, I find them very short, but love my Dianese pro-torque outs.
Tried several pairs and these were the best fit, had a problem with my old HG ones where they were too tight round the calf/shin area and I couldn't get my leathers in, with the adjusters on these they are easy to get on and really comfortable with my leathers on, just need some decent weather now to try em out on the bike, got rallies, BC & Assen coming up so want em nicely broke in.
Snowcat
Snowcat
6Gold
6Gold

Male Status :

Number of posts : 2426
Hobbies : Aluminium & Stainless Steel Sales : Motorcycling, snooker, football, not going out
Humour : Dry, sarcastic, funny, bit cruel, p*ss taking
Registration date : 2011-09-28

Back to top Go down

Post  bobh Sun Apr 13 2014, 21:40

Interesting thread.  I've been on the lookout for a new pair of summer/track boots for a while - I love my old Oxtars but they probably aren't going to last much longer.  They aren't 100% waterproof but aren't too bad and dry out quickly.

I bought a pair of RST Razors very cheap in George White (as was) and although  they look as if they'll fall apart any minute, they've done me OK as summer dry weather boots on the road for the last couple of years, leaving the Oxtars for "best" (i.e. track).

I've tried a few pairs, including the current Oxtars (now renamed TCX) but none of them have got the Velcro flap over the zip that helps to keep out water.  Just have to keep searching, I guess.

It's the same story with gloves -my favourite summer/track pair are Joe Rocket, and fit, well, like a glove.  Every pair I've tried recently has been either too long in the thumb or too tight round the fist.  Maybe I'll find my "glass slipper" moment someday. girl-hats-off
bobh
bobh
3Gold
3Gold

Male Status :

Number of posts : 801
Hobbies : Retired engineer
Humour : Yes please (did I answer the wrong question?)
Registration date : 2008-11-09

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2