Yamaha Thundercats
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2002 Thundercat finished project now up for grabs! incredible condition and fresh paint!

+13
stretchie_
kenndo1
SteveCat
yamahamad
Rosco
weasley
0ldcat
Wooster
Roll The Bones
Baz1102
thunderstu600
TomCom
jayster
17 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

sold2 2002 Thundercat finished project now up for grabs! incredible condition and fresh paint!

Post  jayster Sun Apr 14 2013, 19:21

First topic message reminder :

hi, those of you who have followed the project thread on the forum will be familiar with this bike already, the thread can be found here: https://www.yamaha-thundercats.org/t5014-project-thundercat

if your too lazy to read all of that then ill list a few key details below...

A few details of the bike...

2002 (02) yzf600r

15,000 miles

will have fresh mot for new owner

freshly painted at dream machine to a manufacturers standard in my own design and colour choices (crystal white with blue pearl, pearl red and phantom black), only seen 20 road miles (as yet) for a shakedown run.

powder coated frame and swing arm in satin black

powdercoared rear sets and rear hangers, including brake pedal and gear selector

scorpion carbon can with ss link and ss headers all cleaned with new gaskets

braided break lines

stubby leavers

new sintered hh brake pads all round

full brake rebuild with new seals

wavy rear disc

new swing arm bearings/seals/spindle (over £120 alone in parts)

new chain and sprockets

new wheel bearing and dust seals

HID and led lighting throughout

rear seat converter unit

double bubble dark smoke screen

new yamaha R1 tool kit under seat

led carbon mirrors

clear rear led light with indicators built in

engine and gearbox are perfect with many new seals and parts with casings painted gloss black

the bike has NO issues just ready for summer fun!

this is just the tip of the iceberg, as you will realise if you read through the project thread...

the paintwork is nothing short of immaculate just out of the showroom!

i have all the receipts and invoices for the above plus much more.....

im terrified to add up all the invoices but it will easily exceed the asking price and thats not including what i paid for the bike.

ive advertised it locally for a possibly optimistic £2350, my bottom line is £2000 firm. ill give it a little while on here and gumtree before i move it to ebay Shocked

any questions just ask
jayster
jayster
1Silver
1Silver

Male Status :

Number of posts : 109
Hobbies : king of awesome
Humour : disturbing
Registration date : 2012-07-31

Back to top Go down

sold2 Re: 2002 Thundercat finished project now up for grabs! incredible condition and fresh paint!

Post  jayster Thu May 30 2013, 17:25

the bike was sold to forum member ttboy1988... hope hes having fun on it! its probably about time everything was torqued up again just to make sure nothing's come loose so ill probably let him know!

did anyone happen to pick up a copy of Classic motorcycle mechanics this month?? Wink

jayster
1Silver
1Silver

Back to top Go down

sold2 Re: 2002 Thundercat finished project now up for grabs! incredible condition and fresh paint!

Post  Radar Thu May 30 2013, 21:41

I saw it in there, my Thundercat is in too
Radar
Radar
Admin2
Admin2

Number of posts : 2066
Registration date : 2009-02-15

Back to top Go down

Post  TomCom Wed Jun 05 2013, 20:35

did i found that on ebay ?
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Yamaha-Thundercat-YZF600R-YZF-600-R-Like-R6-ZX6R-/111090500947?pt=UK_Motorcycles&hash=item19dd828553
TomCom
TomCom
4Gold
4Gold

Male Status :

Number of posts : 1310
Hobbies : Tattoos, PS4, Airsoft
Humour : dark humour
Registration date : 2011-08-15

Back to top Go down

Post  jayster Wed Jun 05 2013, 20:44

No, not with those cheap Chinese fairings and silver chassis! Seems a bit of an optimistic price? But then it's the right time of year to sell sell sell!!
jayster
jayster
1Silver
1Silver

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  TomCom Wed Jun 05 2013, 20:49

now i can see it different year Smile and more stickers and not the same tongue
TomCom
TomCom
4Gold
4Gold

Male Status :

Number of posts : 1310
Hobbies : Tattoos, PS4, Airsoft
Humour : dark humour
Registration date : 2011-08-15

Back to top Go down

Post  robertcains Wed Jun 05 2013, 20:57

Well now we are on the subject.... I think ttboy1988 needs your assistance Jayster.
P.s I have the mag with the Thundercat articles too, cool
robertcains
robertcains
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Number of posts : 2160
Humour : Lol. No chance!!
Registration date : 2009-01-10

Back to top Go down

Post  jayster Wed Jun 05 2013, 21:17

I honestly cannot tell you how much I wish I hadn't looked into that last comment... sad sad face.
jayster
jayster
1Silver
1Silver

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  robertcains Wed Jun 05 2013, 21:50

I know how you feel mate putting your heart & soul into rebuilding & repainting a bike to see it damaged by someone else, I've said to him that there simply isn't anyone better than yourself to ask to repair it if you are in a position to help?
As a Painter I'd be so hard pushed to let anyone else lay a finger on mine or my wife's bike & that's why you are top choice, are you in a position to quote him? I just have no idea how an insurance company will value such a machine?
robertcains
robertcains
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Number of posts : 2160
Humour : Lol. No chance!!
Registration date : 2009-01-10

Back to top Go down

Post  Clincher610 Wed Jun 26 2013, 08:19

jayster wrote:No, not with those cheap Chinese fairings and silver chassis! Seems a bit of an optimistic price? But then it's the right time of year to sell sell sell!!

Jayster,
Yeah that's the one I bought and I agree, very flimsy fairings from China (the Yamaha Moto GP 50th Anniversary edition from 2011) which is why I have already started to make enquiries about replacements as its only a matter of time before I crack one (one already has a small crack).
I gave £1800 for the bike, 12 months T&T etc, both me and the seller happy with the price (i'm probably happier than him, he really wanted £2K).  Loving the bike and enjoying the chats on here.
I will definitely keep you in mind if I need to replace any plastics.
Also, sorry to hear that the bike you sold to TTBoy88 has been bent.  It looked really good in the pics
Clincher610
Clincher610
3Bronze
3Bronze

Male Status :

Number of posts : 20
Hobbies : British Army
Registration date : 2013-06-24

Back to top Go down

Post  MikeA Wed Jun 26 2013, 17:56

Just discovered this post. That's one of the best aftermarket paint jobs I have ever seen. Mr Yamaha would have been proud.

Can't believe it got put on the floor that quickly. Must have hurt both rider and builder. Hope it's back in fine shape soon.
MikeA
MikeA
2Bronze
2Bronze

Male Status :

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2013-05-27

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2