Yamaha Thundercats
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Police new toy in Derbyshire

3 posters

Go down

Police new toy in Derbyshire Empty Police new toy in Derbyshire

Post  Snowcat Mon Apr 01 2013, 10:09

Was out and about yesterday (finally) managed 130 miles with a ride up to the peaks. If like to say an uneventful ride but it was pretty focusing in parts. At on point in a pretty challenging part of the ride I was faced with a patch of snow in the road (there's still a fair bit of it up there). I was quite close to the car in front ready for an overtake and had backed off slightly for a bend. When between the cars tyres appeared this snow patch about 3 ft wide couple of bike lengths, I was going some and unable to avoid it so went with the mantra "the bike wants to stay upright, the bike WANTS to stay upright" released my grip on the bars to let be what will be. The bike got me through but it was pretty hairy.

Anyway I started in glossop and made my way through Chapel En Le Frith, Hope valley, Bakewell, Matlock and then back through Buxton and Dove Holes. Saw a few police along the way and particularly remember the two when I hit a wide sweeping 1st exit off a roundabout with no traffic, I was "making progress" and out of the corner of my eye saw 2 police bikes parked in a lay by as I was passing. As I looked I noticed they'd already stopped a couple of bikes so waved at the rozzers who to my surprise waved back Smile

Great ride out, really enjoyed as I've been itching to get out for weeks and another highlight was the nice police rider I chatted to at Matlock, he loves his job, his company wheels are fully expensed, the police buy all his kit (the best naturally) and I'd be happy if I had to ride round on this for 8 hours a day
[img][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][/img]
He's the happiest patrol rider I've ever met, beware if in the peaks, he's about!!
Snowcat
Snowcat
6Gold
6Gold

Male Status :

Number of posts : 2426
Hobbies : Aluminium & Stainless Steel Sales : Motorcycling, snooker, football, not going out
Humour : Dry, sarcastic, funny, bit cruel, p*ss taking
Registration date : 2011-09-28

Back to top Go down

Police new toy in Derbyshire Empty Re: Police new toy in Derbyshire

Post  prime Mon Apr 01 2013, 12:33

bet you shit your pants mate. scary business, had similar on diesel before. i need a proper ride out, soon as i get myself some decent leathers
prime
prime
6Silver
6Silver

Male Status :

Number of posts : 376
Hobbies : mature student at salford uni, my little family, music (all types), riding and the great outdoors.
Registration date : 2013-01-10

Back to top Go down

Police new toy in Derbyshire Empty Re: Police new toy in Derbyshire

Post  yamahamad Mon Apr 01 2013, 12:58

Nice little write up, i had similar a couple of years back when standing water was ice for a long stretch along the road, does get ya attention.

Paul.
yamahamad
yamahamad
6Gold
6Gold

Male Status :

Number of posts : 2002
Hobbies : Bmw technician. Weight training. Music. Beer.
Humour : big american 4x4?
Registration date : 2009-11-16

Back to top Go down