35 year young newbie

View previous topic View next topic Go down

35 year young newbie

Post  johnelcoat on Sat Oct 27 2012, 19:18

Hi all.

Just thought I'd introduce myself. I'm John and I'm from the peoples republic of Teesside. I have finally decided, after years of toying with the idea, to do my DAS and get a bike. So this spring, I know why wait, but I've got too many commitments at the moment (University, full time job, wife and kids etc..) to do it earlier.

The other reason I'm late at getting a bike is the aformentioned wife always said she would divorce me if I ever got one........I'm gonna miss her green smile

Anyway, I have been looking at cats for some time now and I've been and sat on a few CBR 600F (2001-2006) and the GSX 650F, but I still love the cats. So, a cat it is. The only other bike I've had any sort of experience of is my brothers VFR800 Vtec, not sure I like the idea of a Vtec throwing me off the back Shocked

So that's me, I hope to see some of you out and about and maybe for a rideout, sometime in the spring.

John.

avatar
johnelcoat
5Bronze
5Bronze

Male Number of posts : 40
Hobbies : Mechanical Engineer
Humour : Slightly twisted with a hint of sarcasm
Registration date : 2012-10-27


Back to top Go down

Re: 35 year young newbie

Post  SteveCat on Sat Oct 27 2012, 19:22

Hi John, welcome. Glad you managed to login.

We might be a bit biased here, but would agree loving cats.

Hopefully you'll find one you like soon, and see you in the spring.
avatar
SteveCat
Administrator
Administrator

Male Number of posts : 4905
Humour : You've gotta be joking
Registration date : 2008-11-06


Back to top Go down

Re: 35 year young newbie

Post  R2D2 on Sat Oct 27 2012, 19:26

Welcome!

Hmm... Spring, you say? Sounds like an ideal candidate for Bishops Castle 2013! See you there Laughing
avatar
R2D2
3Silver
3Silver

Male Number of posts : 243
Hobbies : Bikes, rock climbing, music, geek stuff
Humour : often quite odd...
Registration date : 2009-09-20


Back to top Go down

Re: 35 year young newbie

Post  0ldcat on Sat Oct 27 2012, 19:47

johnelcoat wrote:The other reason I'm late at getting a bike is the aformentioned wife always said she would divorce me if I ever got one........I'm gonna miss her green smile

John.
rofl You're gonna fit right in here rofl

Welcome and glad we managed to sort your login woes.
See you around wink thumb up

Cheers
Tel
avatar
0ldcat
founder

Male Number of posts : 5078
Hobbies : Motorcycling, Cooking, Rugby
Humour : It shrank in the wash
Registration date : 2008-11-05


http://www.yamaha-thundercats.org

Back to top Go down

Re: 35 year young newbie

Post  R2D2 on Sat Oct 27 2012, 19:50

0ldcat wrote:
johnelcoat wrote:The other reason I'm late at getting a bike is the aformentioned wife always said she would divorce me if I ever got one........I'm gonna miss her green smile

John.
rofl You're gonna fit right in here rofl

Welcome and glad we managed to sort your login woes.
See you around wink thumb up

Cheers
Tel

I miss my ex too... but my aim's getting better.
avatar
R2D2
3Silver
3Silver

Male Number of posts : 243
Hobbies : Bikes, rock climbing, music, geek stuff
Humour : often quite odd...
Registration date : 2009-09-20


Back to top Go down

Re: 35 year young newbie

Post  Radar on Sat Oct 27 2012, 21:45

Welcome to the forum, look forward to seeing you out and about next year
avatar
Radar
Event-Organiser
Event-Organiser

Number of posts : 1848
Registration date : 2009-02-15


Back to top Go down

Re: 35 year young newbie

Post  biscut on Sat Oct 27 2012, 21:58

johnelcoat wrote:Hi all.
The other reason I'm late at getting a bike is the aformentioned wife always said she would divorce me if I ever got one........I'm gonna miss her green smile

My wife said that in the beginning too but slowly came round to the idea with me dropping subtle hints about it...she is fine with the idea now so either she has come round to the idea OR she has taken out life insurance on me and not told me...not sure which is closer to the truth LOL
avatar
biscut
3Silver
3Silver

Male Number of posts : 217
Hobbies : IT Geek
Humour : dark and perverted
Registration date : 2012-09-20


Back to top Go down

Re: 35 year young newbie

Post  ellie on Sun Oct 28 2012, 08:50

Welcome aboard John!




I just made sure on my 'ticklist of things I need in a fella' was 'rides a motorbike'. Simples.



Enjoy the site


Ellie pinkelly
avatar
ellie
Administrator
Administrator

Female Number of posts : 4336
Registration date : 2009-01-27


http://ellencallaby@nhs.net

Back to top Go down

Re: 35 year young newbie

Post  Rosco on Sun Oct 28 2012, 11:22

Hi John

Welcome aboard.
Good luck in the search for the bike.

Cheers
Rosco
avatar
Rosco
Administrator
Administrator

Male Number of posts : 6375
Humour : Oh Go On Then
Registration date : 2008-11-06


Back to top Go down

Re: 35 year young newbie

Post  Snowcat on Sun Oct 28 2012, 12:19

johnelcoat wrote:The other reason I'm late at getting a bike is the aformentioned wife always said she would divorce me if I ever got one........I'm gonna miss her green smile
Hi and welcome Smile

I'd spent the last 15 years trying to convince my wife to let me get a tattoo and she was dead against it so last year when I announced that I wanted a bike she immediately said it was fine as long as I dropped the tattoo idea. A time consuming plan hatched to perfection Smile
avatar
Snowcat
6Gold
6Gold

Male Number of posts : 2370
Hobbies : Aluminium & Stainless Steel Sales : Motorcycling, snooker, football, not going out
Humour : Dry, sarcastic, funny, bit cruel, p*ss taking
Registration date : 2011-09-28


Back to top Go down

Re: 35 year young newbie

Post  Guest on Sun Oct 28 2012, 19:00

Hi & welcome to the forum Cool
avatar
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum