Yamaha Thundercats
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MCE Bike Insurance (a word to the wise)

+15
YZFJohn
Wooster
stevemcc
terry lees
0ldcat
weasley
ellie
furball
Eddie990
MrNutt
SteveCat
Rosco
stretchie_
Dirt Bike Dave
Snowcat
19 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

MCE Bike Insurance (a word to the wise) Empty MCE Bike Insurance (a word to the wise)

Post  Snowcat Wed Oct 10 2012, 09:40

My mate has just learned a valuable lesson, (thankfully not the hard way) whilst reading the small print of his insurance policy.

Along with the usual 'not insured to carry pillion, not insured to ride other bikes' his also includes the clause 'Not insured for theft away from home'!!

So basically whilst away in Assen and on the couple of rallies we've been on.... Or even if he nipped to the shops, his bike wouldn't have been insured if it was stolen!!

They have never made him aware of what is to my mind, a material fact and I feel he has cause to complain as on that basis the policy has been mis sold!!

All I can say chaps is check your policies and make sure your cover covers what you want it to cover, and MCE.... bunch of sh*ts!!
Snowcat
Snowcat
6Gold
6Gold

Male Status :

Number of posts : 2426
Hobbies : Aluminium & Stainless Steel Sales : Motorcycling, snooker, football, not going out
Humour : Dry, sarcastic, funny, bit cruel, p*ss taking
Registration date : 2011-09-28

Back to top Go down

MCE Bike Insurance (a word to the wise) Empty Re: MCE Bike Insurance (a word to the wise)

Post  Dirt Bike Dave Wed Oct 10 2012, 09:59

Arse!! I'm with MCE. I need to check mine then. Sounds ridiculous which prob means its true!!!
Dirt Bike Dave
Dirt Bike Dave
Event-Organiser
Event-Organiser

Male Status :

Number of posts : 1592
Hobbies : Bikes and beer
Humour : Feck Off
Registration date : 2008-11-10

Back to top Go down

MCE Bike Insurance (a word to the wise) Empty Re: MCE Bike Insurance (a word to the wise)

Post  stretchie_ Wed Oct 10 2012, 10:01

They are a bunch of lying theiving swines, there is a reason they are much cheaper than everybody else.

I've had a policies from them that state no XS on claim, but they stung me for £500 XS when I fell off the Blade, even after I forwarded the paperwork to them showing no XS, they said that they're system shows a £500 XS so that's what it was, although it was confirmed to me on the phone when I took it out and then in paper when the docs turned up, I hate XS, I would rather pay more on the premium, always have, I don't have £500 lying around if I need to make a claim. I said check your phone records for when I took it out, "I'm sorry sir, we don't seem to have that call recorded". I bet you don't Steam Ears

TERRIBLE customer service too, took a couple of months to get my claim sorted through them and the money off them, in over two months guess how many times they rang me? Once, no lie, ONCE and that was the phone call to say that I had a £500 XS which "would be taken off the payout"

B'STARDS, had the same with breakdown through them too, nationwide recovery, home start, recovery, onward travel, no problem sir, all part of your policy. I break down, "Sorry sir as you are over 10 miles from your home address we can arrange it but you'll have to pay the mileage fee for anythoing over 10 miles". Lukily for me I was 12 miles from home and the driver said he'll 'sort it' to read 10 miles.

BUNCH OF THEIVING LYING ROBBING B'STARDS.... MCE for Prime Minister I say, they'll fit in nicely
stretchie_
stretchie_
4Gold
4Gold

Male Status :

Number of posts : 1353
Hobbies : Bikes and 4X4's
Humour : Sarcastic... Oh and cheeky, VERY CHEEKY
Registration date : 2008-11-08

Back to top Go down

Post  Snowcat Wed Oct 10 2012, 10:12

Dirt Bike Dave wrote:Arse!! I'm with MCE. I need to check mine then. Sounds ridiculous which prob means its true!!!
Don't know if it applies to all policies Dave but it'll be worth checking
Snowcat
Snowcat
6Gold
6Gold

Male Status :

Hobbies : Aluminium & Stainless Steel Sales : Motorcycling, snooker, football, not going out

Back to top Go down

Post  Rosco Wed Oct 10 2012, 10:13

Dirt Bike Dave wrote:Arse!! I'm with MCE. I need to check mine then. Sounds ridiculous which prob means its true!!!

Not leaving the keys overnight in a bike worth 5 figures is probably a good idea too - ya daftie!
Rosco
Rosco
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Number of posts : 6659
Humour : Oh Go On Then
Registration date : 2008-11-06

Back to top Go down

Post  Dirt Bike Dave Wed Oct 10 2012, 10:34

Rosco wrote:

Not leaving the keys overnight in a bike worth 5 figures is probably a good idea too - ya daftie!

Embarassed

Dirt Bike Dave
Dirt Bike Dave
Event-Organiser
Event-Organiser

Male Status :

Number of posts : 1592
Hobbies : Bikes and beer
Humour : Feck Off
Registration date : 2008-11-10

Back to top Go down

Post  Rosco Wed Oct 10 2012, 10:45

Mine is worth 5 figures too.... But two of them are the pence.
Rosco
Rosco
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Number of posts : 6659
Humour : Oh Go On Then

Back to top Go down

Post  SteveCat Wed Oct 10 2012, 11:15

Not all of their policies restrict riding other bikes, but after a year with them I moved to CN - couldn't abide all the restrictions. They argued that some of the 'features' of the CN policy are covered by the legal protection, which to me means no it isn't covered but you can sue for the money.
2 Year's on and many requests they still haven't given me my NCB certificate.

That free breakdown, as Strechie say's, is 10 miles from a main town - that OK if you commute inner city on a scoot. I was out with a chap on a blade and his tyre delaminated. We were 15 miles from King's Lynn - recovery turned up and wanted the balance there and then otherwise they'd leave the bike stranded.

I may have mentioned this some time back, I used to work for an Insurance company - the advertising slogan was "We don't hassle, we pay" internally though we said " We hassle, we don't pay"

Steam Ears
SteveCat
SteveCat
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Number of posts : 5108
Humour : You've gotta be joking

Back to top Go down

Post  Snowcat Wed Oct 10 2012, 11:28

Well I've just started looking as my renewal is due and so far Carol Nash is £95 cheaper than the best quote I've had and it includes European Breakdown which cost me an additional £40 this year so I think I know where my money is going!!
Snowcat
Snowcat
6Gold
6Gold

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  MrNutt Wed Oct 10 2012, 13:31

crap I am also with MCE, better dig the paper work out tonight.....

my bikes just gone in for a serivce at a local spanner shop lets hope that it doesnt get nicked!
MrNutt
MrNutt
5Gold
5Gold

Male Status :

Number of posts : 1767
Hobbies : Events
Registration date : 2011-05-03

Back to top Go down

Post  Snowcat Wed Oct 10 2012, 13:40

MrNutt wrote:crap I am also with MCE, better dig the paper work out tonight.....

my bikes just gone in for a serivce at a local spanner shop lets hope that it doesnt get nicked!
Don't worry Dave it'll be covered by his insurance anyway mate
Snowcat
Snowcat
6Gold
6Gold

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  Eddie990 Wed Oct 10 2012, 15:24

In the past I've been with MCE too, but my last policy was with Bikesure (meh, they were OK but my policy refund 4 mths in was a measly £29 after 'admin fees'! Safe to say I won't be going back....)

Through experience, I would have to say that Carole Nash & H&R Insurance have both been fantastic service.

I was H&R when my bike was pinched/recovered, totally hassle free. They came and collected the bike within a few days and it was returned in as new condition. Took a couple of months but as it was during winter I wasn't that bothered.

I'm sure Terry was Carole Nash when his old FJR was written off after an oil spill and if I remember rightly, it was all sorted out with very little hassle and he was payed out a decent valuation settlement within a couple of weeks.

In my opinion, as with most things in life, you get what you pay for. I wouldn't hesitate to spend a few extra quid for piece of mind that should the worst happen, I won't spend days and weeks on the phone trying to get sorted.
Eddie990
Eddie990

Male Status :

Number of posts : 907
Hobbies : North Sea Pirate
Humour : Not for me, ta :)
Registration date : 2008-11-07

Back to top Go down

Post  furball Wed Oct 10 2012, 16:13

+1 for Carole Nash, sorted me out when i had an off in Spain, very hassle free, and always kept you informed after every stage of the claim..

Went with MCE after my accident, and all i was hearing was bad things, so off i pootled back to Carole Nash...

Davie
furball
furball
3Gold
3Gold

Male Status :

Number of posts : 833
Humour : OH!!! Yes Please

Back to top Go down

Post  stretchie_ Wed Oct 10 2012, 17:01

MrNutt wrote:crap I am also with MCE, better dig the paper work out tonight.....

As I said, I had paperwork that confirmed the XS and the FULL UK breakdown, but still they argued, as my bike was written off, it was a payout I was waiting for and was told there would be no payout unless I agreed to the value of the bike less the £500 XS.

Same with the breakdown, paperwork stated full UK, but MCE and the breakdown systems both said within 10 miles, the breakdown incident happened 3 times, if I could have afforded it I would have cancelled and gone withsomeone else rather than waiting until it ended but couldn't afford to start new policy.

Check your paperwork AND ring them
stretchie_
stretchie_
4Gold
4Gold

Male Status :

Number of posts : 1353
Hobbies : Bikes and 4X4's
Humour : Sarcastic... Oh and cheeky, VERY CHEEKY
Registration date : 2008-11-08

Back to top Go down

Post  ellie Wed Oct 10 2012, 17:56

I've been with Swinton for 4 years and they seem ok so far....

ellie
ellie
Admin2
Admin2

Female Status :

Number of posts : 4347
Registration date : 2009-01-27

http://ellen.shuker@nhs.net

Back to top Go down

Post  weasley Wed Oct 10 2012, 18:14

Do a google on "MCE insurance" and see what the 2nd or 3rd hit down is...
weasley
weasley
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Number of posts : 1506
Hobbies : Yes
Humour : Yes
Registration date : 2008-11-07

Back to top Go down

Post  MrNutt Wed Oct 10 2012, 19:13

how can I cancel my policy without losing out now............ Embarassed
MrNutt
MrNutt
5Gold
5Gold

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  Snowcat Wed Oct 10 2012, 19:31

MrNutt wrote:how can I cancel my policy without losing out now............ Embarassed
Why?? Do you need to cancel it?
Snowcat
Snowcat
6Gold
6Gold

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  MrNutt Wed Oct 10 2012, 19:32

as MCE sound like a crock of the proverbial........
MrNutt
MrNutt
5Gold
5Gold

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  0ldcat Wed Oct 10 2012, 19:40

I was with CN , now with MCE.

You know how you get that feeling in the pit of your stomach when you know BooBoo but the price was right at the time and CN were not moving to even get half way there.
I'll be going back to CN next time around though.

On a side issue . . . . Anyone else around who remembers the Norwich Union Rider Policy ? NOW that was a bikers friendly and excellent in-sewer-ants deal Thumb
0ldcat
0ldcat
founder

Male Status :

Number of posts : 5229
Hobbies : Motorcycling, Cooking, Rugby
Humour : It shrank in the wash
Registration date : 2008-11-05

https://www.yamaha-thundercats.org

Back to top Go down

Post  MrNutt Wed Oct 10 2012, 19:45

I was with CN and they were great but after my crash they were just too expensive for me (hardly their fault I know) but got to watch the pennies and this year MCE were the right price
MrNutt
MrNutt
5Gold
5Gold

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  Snowcat Wed Oct 10 2012, 19:59

I think I've opened a bit of a can of worms here, I've just googled reviews on a selection of different insurers and it turns out they're all crap!!
Snowcat
Snowcat
6Gold
6Gold

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  terry lees Wed Oct 10 2012, 20:09

Sorry Ross, but you knew this would be coming, your "bike" is worth 5 figures, only the first two are in £££££ the second 2 in pence, and the final one in 10ths. Ya love me really dontya.
terry lees
terry lees
4Gold
4Gold

Number of posts : 1026
Registration date : 2009-04-20

Back to top Go down

Post  0ldcat Wed Oct 10 2012, 20:22

Snowcat wrote:I think I've opened a bit of a can of worms here, I've just googled reviews on a selection of different insurers and it turns out they're all crap!!
Hence in-sewer-ants
0ldcat
0ldcat
founder

Male Status :

Number of posts : 5229
Hobbies : Motorcycling, Cooking, Rugby
Humour : It shrank in the wash
Registration date : 2008-11-05

https://www.yamaha-thundercats.org

Back to top Go down

Post  terry lees Wed Oct 10 2012, 20:53

On a more serious note, yes I remember the Norwich Union policies, they were that reasonable that every man and his dog were insured with them. Can't just remember why they faded away. Back to CN after writing off my FJR last year and getting a grand more for it than it was worth, I thought they would cane me on this years premium, but no £190.00 fully comp. Including full UK and European breakdown and recovery.
terry lees
terry lees
4Gold
4Gold

Number of posts : 1026
Registration date : 2009-04-20

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next