Yamaha Thundercats
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Newbie from Portsmouth looking for a Tcat!

+5
SteveCat
billyw
HEHORE
0ldcat
Dean-J
9 posters

Go down

Newbie from Portsmouth looking for a Tcat!  Empty Newbie from Portsmouth looking for a Tcat!

Post  Dean-J Sat Feb 04 2012, 22:06

Hey all!

just thought id say hi as i am soon to become a Thundercat owner Smile

Sold my SV650s this morning, so need to find a bike as soon as possible, hate being without a ride! Dont worry though, i wont be rushing into anything and buying a shed!

Im down in Portsmouth way, so if anyone fancies a ride out sometime when i have my new wheels feel free to drop me a line!

take it easy, and keep it sticky side down salute
Dean-J
Dean-J
3Silver
3Silver

Male Status :

Number of posts : 244
Humour : Filthy!
Registration date : 2012-02-02

Back to top Go down

Newbie from Portsmouth looking for a Tcat!  Empty Re: Newbie from Portsmouth looking for a Tcat!

Post  0ldcat Sat Feb 04 2012, 22:13

Hi Dean,

Welcome to the forum. Good hunting for the new bike.

You'll have noted we're an active group both online and when the season re-starts out in the real world too.
Please do join in, but if you can't make the org'd rides, post up one of yer own and you may be surprised that a few from here come to meet ya Thumb

Glad you found us. Hope you want to stick around and add to the insanity lachen

cheers
Tel
0ldcat
0ldcat
founder

Male Status :

Number of posts : 5229
Hobbies : Motorcycling, Cooking, Rugby
Humour : It shrank in the wash
Registration date : 2008-11-05

https://www.yamaha-thundercats.org

Back to top Go down

Newbie from Portsmouth looking for a Tcat!  Empty Re: Newbie from Portsmouth looking for a Tcat!

Post  HEHORE Sun Feb 05 2012, 03:43

hi and welcome , im in portsmouth / gosport ( both ) will defenatly meet up once you've got a bike
HEHORE
1Gold
1Gold

Male Status :

Number of posts : 526
Hobbies : pizza man
Humour : dirty
Registration date : 2011-10-30

Back to top Go down

Post  billyw Sun Feb 05 2012, 08:45

Hi Dean and welcome.

Cheers
Billy
billyw
billyw
4Gold
4Gold

Male Status :

Number of posts : 1098
Hobbies : Teacher/ sports/ music
Humour : As often as possible
Registration date : 2010-09-20

Back to top Go down

Post  SteveCat Sun Feb 05 2012, 13:20

Hi Dean, hope you find what you're looking for soon. Hopefully see you on the road sometime.
SteveCat
SteveCat
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Number of posts : 5108
Humour : You've gotta be joking
Registration date : 2008-11-06

Back to top Go down

Post  Dean-J Sun Feb 05 2012, 16:00

Hopefully so! and HeHore that would be grand mate. theres a few of us that ride out chichester/petersfield way every other sunday where poss, so be good to have someone else on a Tcat to show me just how far behind the bikes capablities i am! Laughing
Dean-J
Dean-J
3Silver
3Silver

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  Radar Sun Feb 05 2012, 16:13

Welcome, I used to ride in and around Locks Heath and Sarisbury Green many many moons ago.
Radar
Radar
Admin2
Admin2

Number of posts : 2066
Registration date : 2009-02-15

Back to top Go down

Post  SteveCat Sun Feb 05 2012, 17:15

I go down Petersfield sometimes, but only in better weather, tried a few winters ago and it was more endurance than pleasure along the roads I like to take.
SteveCat
SteveCat
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  HEHORE Mon Feb 06 2012, 00:00

I do love to ride and found the cat to be very very forgiving , I do ride hard , and fast (shh) , haven't got any bike friends around any more , so would really love a few ride outs
HEHORE
1Gold
1Gold

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  Dean-J Mon Feb 06 2012, 08:33

Sounds spot on to me mate!

Im probably not as fast as you would like, still very much learning what i can do, but theres a fella i ride with who you could call rather quick!

More the merrier though fella, we all ride our own ride and mark junctions etc so no worries there Smile
Dean-J
Dean-J
3Silver
3Silver

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  HEHORE Mon Feb 06 2012, 10:24

Sounds good , at the mo in quick in a line but have lost a lot of confidence in corners so I'm not gunna be to quick
HEHORE
1Gold
1Gold

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  Dean-J Mon Feb 06 2012, 21:26

Well, i got one Smile

Spotted this one on the bay sunday afternoon after looking at a bit of a dog, was a fair whack out of my price range, but some cheeky haggling later and we had agreed on a price.

So today my mate took me down to salisbury with the trailer on, after a chat and a quick test ride, the deal was done and we brought her home.

so, here she is:

Newbie from Portsmouth looking for a Tcat!  20120206_123336

Newbie from Portsmouth looking for a Tcat!  20120206_123356

Only had the pleasure of riding her for approx 20miles so far, but first impressions are good! Steering is so light and direct compared to the SV650, seating position is more comfortable, Brakes are amazing, power delivery is deceptively smooth ( found myself going quite a bit faster than i thought i was a few times!) and just generally quite impressed!

Definately an upgrade from the SV650, which dont get me wrong i loved, and i will defend them to the max when people cll them shit/slow/soggy etc, mine was a fantastic first bike, and i was really sad to see it go ( especially as it was crashed 5hours later!) but i have no doubt i've made the right decision!

Dean-J
Dean-J
3Silver
3Silver

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  SteveCat Mon Feb 06 2012, 21:35

Very nice indeed, congratulations.
SteveCat
SteveCat
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  greencat Mon Feb 06 2012, 21:44

Congratulations on bagging a 'cat! So to speak Embarassed

I'm sure you'll get to find they are a very under-rated bike, but that means you'll now have the fun finding out just how much. Very Happy

Sorry to hear about the SV650. What on earth happened?

Post up if you need any advice and we'll help if we can.
Enjoy it and ride safely. great

Cheers,
Chris

Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Number of posts : 1558
Hobbies : Computers/Landscape/Travel/Sleep
Humour : Lots of things make me laugh!
Registration date : 2008-11-08

Back to top Go down

Post  HEHORE Mon Feb 06 2012, 22:10

Great news man , will have to try spot you , and lil have to come round and see it , I'm in hilsea this week , pm me ur addy and ill POP round tomorrow eve after work , as I'm intrigued and really wanna see it
HEHORE
1Gold
1Gold

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  billyw Mon Feb 06 2012, 22:18

Dean - looks very nice mate.

Cheers
Billy
billyw
billyw
4Gold
4Gold

Male Status :

Number of posts : 1098
Hobbies : Teacher/ sports/ music
Humour : As often as possible
Registration date : 2010-09-20

Back to top Go down

Post  mrfrance Mon Feb 06 2012, 22:22

Nice find there mate! I am only in Southampton so may just join you on one of your rides!

~Ride safe~
mrfrance
mrfrance
4Gold
4Gold

Male Status :

Number of posts : 1198
Registration date : 2011-05-15

Back to top Go down

Post  Dean-J Mon Feb 06 2012, 23:13

HEHORE wrote:Great news man , will have to try spot you , and lil have to come round and see it , I'm in hilsea this week , pm me ur addy and ill POP round tomorrow eve after work , as I'm intrigued and really wanna see it

At college tomorrow eve mate! And working rest of the week so not sure what times ill be around.

Will be popping out tomorrow afternoon for a spin about 3ish til about half 4, if your about that kinda time?

Dean-J
Dean-J
3Silver
3Silver

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  HEHORE Mon Feb 06 2012, 23:44

I'm at work 12 till 9
HEHORE
1Gold
1Gold

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  Dean-J Mon Feb 06 2012, 23:51

Ah ok man. maybe sort something out for sunday if weathers ok?
Dean-J
Dean-J
3Silver
3Silver

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  stretchie_ Tue Feb 07 2012, 00:47

Hiya, nice wheels man
stretchie_
stretchie_
4Gold
4Gold

Male Status :

Number of posts : 1353
Hobbies : Bikes and 4X4's
Humour : Sarcastic... Oh and cheeky, VERY CHEEKY
Registration date : 2008-11-08

Back to top Go down