Yamaha Thundercats
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Big Mac 2010 - sign in

+7
Panzerbuilder
furball
Rosco
Wild-Kat-Wolf
MevsyD
Dirt Bike Dave
greencat
11 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Big Mac 2010 - sign in Empty Big Mac 2010 - sign in

Post  greencat Mon Aug 23 2010, 10:57

Back home safe and sound at around 9pm on Sunday night. Had a great run down. The weather was fantastic and amazingly the roads were virtually empty.

Had a small wildlife related incident on the way. The UK's population of pigeons is down by one when it found out it couldn't out fly a Ninja! Fortunately it hit my shoulder and not the bike or my visor. Why don't they just fly up! Am expecting to be a little bruised. That will balance out the bruising on the left shoulder from some heavy weight Scottish insect that also failed the Ninja test this weekend

I think it was about 1050miles in total! I've yet to make the final checks, but the bike performed flawlessly. Although a longer tank range would be better - God bless the Thundercat.

A huge thank you to Rosco and DBD for arranging and leading/tail ending the group. Another brilliant Scottish rideout and superb social. As was said to me 'it's been worth every minute'. Thanks to all who arranged/cooked/cleaned up the breakfasts, prepared food/drink extras and generally help make the weekend work.

Great to meet up with everyone. Pencilling in BM 2011 already.

Chris

Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Number of posts : 1558
Hobbies : Computers/Landscape/Travel/Sleep
Humour : Lots of things make me laugh!
Registration date : 2008-11-08

Back to top Go down

Big Mac 2010 - sign in Empty Re: Big Mac 2010 - sign in

Post  Dirt Bike Dave Mon Aug 23 2010, 16:37

Another great weekend had by all. A couple of unfortunate incidents but roads, weather ( mostly) and as usual the company was superb.
Thank you ezzys mum and wildcat wolf for keeping us fed and watered.
Nice to catch up with some old faces and to meet some new ones.
Will see some of you lot again soon at Surf n turf!!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Dirt Bike Dave
Dirt Bike Dave
Event-Organiser
Event-Organiser

Male Status :

Number of posts : 1592
Hobbies : Bikes and beer
Humour : Feck Off
Registration date : 2008-11-10

Back to top Go down

Post  MevsyD Mon Aug 23 2010, 17:25

Got back yesterday about half three with no hold ups and no rain! I think I may have got a ticket on the Jedburgh road though as I overtook a van and didn't see the lines or the gatso that was hidden by bushes... Time will tell I guess.

Had a fantastic weekend and really enjoyed it all. Many thanks for the organisation from the Scottish contingent and big thanks to all that kept us fed and watered too. High quality throughout. Big thanks to DBD for letting me have a go on the Ducati too, can't think I have ever smiled so much whilst being totally terrified of sliding it down the road!

Will be on next years one for sure but if it is even half as good as this one it will still be fantastic. I will make sure I do my research a little better next time so I don't spend half the weekend thinking I am in a completley different part of Scotland....

Once again big thanks to all, see you on the ToL and the S&T.
MevsyD
MevsyD
3Gold
3Gold

Male Status :

Number of posts : 717
Hobbies : Stone. Sell it..Love it...
Humour : Dry /sarcstic..
Registration date : 2008-11-07

Back to top Go down

Post  Wild-Kat-Wolf Mon Aug 23 2010, 17:33

Back home safe and sound, though somewhat damp.... good ride home though. Sent Rich (Panzerbuilder) on his way after a quick warming coffee, hopefully the weather was a little kinder to him on the next leg of his trip home. Completely lost Suzie after Blairgowrie, but believe she is safe but just took a slight detour from the route past my house. Sorry Suzie, my bad Shocked

Thanks to everyone who attended - great weekend, great company, fabulous laugh..... roll on 2011!! pokefun

Fi girl_witch
Wild-Kat-Wolf
Wild-Kat-Wolf
3Gold
3Gold

Female Status :

Number of posts : 734
Hobbies : Generally being as naughty as I can ;o)
Humour : Hell yeah!

Back to top Go down

Post  Rosco Mon Aug 23 2010, 17:36

Back home safe, well and very very wet.

Fantastic meet yet again - great to see some old faces (inc Terry......our oldest face 👅 ), new faces and being able to put faces to names.

Plans are a foot for something a little bit different next year (tbc).

I dropped Bravepill6 aka 'The Possum' off a while ago and I'm now drying and having a cup of tea to help warm me up.

A great team effort to help things run smoothly.
Big Thanks to......
Steve for keeping my SatNav in check salute ..... Enjoy the rest of your UK & Ireland tour ..... Hat off to you sir. Good job you've got a very low mileage bike now shit happens
Suzi and Fiona haloangel haloangel for 'feeding the 5000' and for the Best Banno-Fi Pie that money can't buy great (I'm 15st 8lbs now :( but I'll shed the pounds in time for Jump and Fall and Float and Surf and Turf)......I hope!
DBD and Furball for doing their marking / leading great
TerryLees for not moaning as much as usual and even taking his camera out at a photo-stop. Wink
Eddie990 aka ' The Tanker' for showing me how good I can be at the 5m hurdles. Rolling Eyes
BravePill6 aka 'The Possum' for showing us how to play Statues. Shocked
Bizzer for enlightening us to why Honda called them SP1 and SP2. They stand for "Service Packs" and unfortunately they keep crashing. :( (Glad that you are ok mate) If they ever release SP3......don't get one!
Greencat for being a big hit with the birds Suspect . Ninjas are just too stealthy.......Hope the war wounds heal.
For the team of mobile mechanics (Atholl, Krusty & whomever sorted the BMW) clappy

And everyone for pitching in with the dishes and making it such a great weekend.

Apologies for falling asleep the odd time :drunken: :sleep: .....I don't get out much.

Cheers the noo
Rosco

Last edited by Rosco on Mon Aug 23 2010, 17:59; edited 4 times in total
Rosco
Rosco
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Number of posts : 6659
Humour : Oh Go On Then
Registration date : 2008-11-06

Back to top Go down

Post  furball Mon Aug 23 2010, 17:44

Home at noonish after a dry but chilly ride up to Inverness with Stevecat, who continued his tour of Scotland north to Thurso (hope the weather stayed dry for you Steve)

Big thanks to all for attending and hope you all had a good time in Scotchland, and will attend again next year

Davie

PS: Thanks for unlocking the sign in Chris (GreenCat) green smile
furball
furball
3Gold
3Gold

Male Status :

Number of posts : 833
Humour : OH!!! Yes Please

Back to top Go down

Post  Rosco Mon Aug 23 2010, 18:01

Back home safe, well and very very wet.

Fantastic meet yet again - great to see some old faces (inc Terry......our oldest face 👅 ), new faces and being able to put faces to names.

Plans are a foot for something a little bit different next year (tbc).

I dropped Bravepill6 aka 'The Possum' off a while ago and I'm now drying and having a cup of tea to help warm me up.

A great team effort to help things run smoothly.
Big Thanks to......
Steve for keeping my SatNav in check salute ..... Enjoy the rest of your UK & Ireland tour ..... Hat off to you sir. Good job you've got a very low mileage bike now shit happens
Suzi and Fiona haloangel haloangel for 'feeding the 5000' and for the Best Banno-Fi Pie that money can't buy great (I'm 15st 8lbs now :( but I'll shed the pounds in time for Jump and Fall and Float and Surf and Turf)......I hope! (Very Happy Big thanks to every one who sponsored me!!!!!Very Happy )
DBD and Furball for doing their marking / leading great
TerryLees for not moaning as much as usual and even taking his camera out at a photo-stop. Wink
Eddie990 aka ' The Tanker' for showing me how good I can be at the 5m hurdles. Rolling Eyes
BravePill6 aka 'The Possum' for showing us how to play Statues. Shocked
Bizzer for enlightening us to why Honda called them SP1 and SP2. They stand for "Service Packs" and unfortunately they keep crashing. :( (Glad that you are ok mate) If they ever release SP3......don't get one!
Greencat for being a big hit with the birds Suspect . Ninjas are just too stealthy.......Hope the war wounds heal.
For the team of mobile mechanics (Atholl, Krusty & whomever sorted the BMW) clappy

And everyone for pitching in with the dishes and making it such a great weekend.

Apologies for falling asleep the odd time :drunken: :sleep: .....I don't get out much.

Cheers the noo
Rosco

ps. It was me who unlocked it......It took me ages to remember how to do it though wall
pps. Get you caption competition and regular photos uploaded soon......I can't wait to see what you did to me grumpy
Rosco
Rosco
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  Panzerbuilder Mon Aug 23 2010, 21:06

Got home safe and sound around 6ish. A little damp, it didnt stop raining until the M62! and very saddle sore Embarassed 5 hours on a bike took its toll.
"Yoda" (the bike) never faltered at all over the weekend then got me to Scotch Corner on that one tank full in Blairgowrie Tecos. (206 miles untill the amber light and 226 when I filled up)

Enjoyed the weekend immensely. A little daunting to start with but began to fit in and ride to my level and after that it was great!

Thanks to Rosco and for all his hard work and miles in planning the event plus his finacial wizardry to ensure no-one was short changed. stars

Hats off to girls for brekkies and the ultimate banoffi pie girlpower

Plus all the faces that I can now put to the nicknames.

I'll hopefully be out on one of the TOL rides, but look forward to Big Mac 2011.

Thanks to all who made the weekend one that I'll remember for a long while. Next time though, more :yzf:
Panzerbuilder
Panzerbuilder
4Gold
4Gold

Male Status :

Number of posts : 1221
Humour : Anything that puts a smile on my face ;-)
Registration date : 2010-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post  SteveCat Mon Aug 23 2010, 21:51

At my overnight stop in Thurso, arrived around 4.30 after getting a new tyre fitted. A bit of rain before that stop, but it got more serious after the new slipperies were fitted. Went to John O' Groats and it rained all the way there and really lashed down all the way back, think I'd have been in trouble had I persevered with the old tyre.
The same photographer is at John O' Groats, he was in his car trying to escape getting wet, so I was able to take pics without him having a go at me - got the glare though (those on BM IV will know what I'm on about).

Fantastic weekend, Ross many thanks for the organinsing and accomodation and to DBD and Firballs for making sure we were all accounted for. Great to see 'old' faces and new. Thanks to the ladies for catering and Euan made a pretty good waiter

Dave, thanks too for the ride to Inverness and getting me sorted with a new Michelin. Thanks also to Paul, the two Dave's , Athol and Ross (for letting us use his High Viz as a heat cloth!) when my bike tried to emulate a Ducati, Aprilia and a Triumph. A super noisy 3 cylinder just doesn't suit a Thundercat :( nor does low milage, getting close to 500 miles on the clock now Very Happy

Will only be able to get pics off the camera when I get home.
SteveCat
SteveCat
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Number of posts : 5108
Humour : You've gotta be joking

Back to top Go down

Post  Bravepill6 Mon Aug 23 2010, 22:24

Cheers to you one and all clink

The Statues bit I get but whats this possum stuff.

THANKS THANKS THANKS THANKS AND THANKS

Euan
Bravepill6
Bravepill6
6Bronze
6Bronze

Male Status :

Number of posts : 50
Hobbies : Alloy Wheel Technician
Humour : The more the merrier

Back to top Go down

Post  Rosco Mon Aug 23 2010, 23:04

Bravepill6 wrote:whats this possum stuff

Pretend 'Rocky' is a big KTM Adventure with chocolate brakes and you are the possum.

ps. You're not that freaky looking.

although maybe I should be the Possum as this probably looks familiar.

Who is this though?
Rosco
Rosco
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Aug 24 2010, 05:01

Got home 8.45 with a total of 2 hours in stops to dry numb hands - 2 refuels. Torrential rain to scotch corner and by the time I got home had on 4 tops and spidi all soaking wet and was hacked off before I even got to Blairgowrie! C'est la vie good job I'm used to riding solo Wink jolly good weekend and I'm now note perfect on Insomnia ...
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Krusty Tue Aug 24 2010, 14:33

Thought I'd posted up on this thread yesterday, but guess not.

Got back yesterday afternoon after a great (but at times wet) ride down with Terry, Christian, Tim and John. Big thanks to Ross and Dave for organising things, Fi and Suzie for scran and everyone else for making it such a good crack.

Roll on Surf and Turf and next year's round of rides (wherever they end up being... Wink )
Krusty
Krusty
1Silver
1Silver

Number of posts : 130

Back to top Go down

Post  Bravepill6 Tue Aug 24 2010, 22:49

LIKE IT MATE........
LIKE IT
Bravepill6
Bravepill6
6Bronze
6Bronze

Male Status :

Number of posts : 50
Hobbies : Alloy Wheel Technician
Humour : The more the merrier

Back to top Go down

Post  Rosco Wed Aug 25 2010, 09:48

Lost and found.....black long sleeved 'extreme' top.
It has been washed.
I can bring to ToL or S n T.
Rosco
Rosco
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  Rosco Thu Aug 26 2010, 22:14

No takers for the top ?????

If I lose another stone it might just fit me.

Big thanks to those who put there name down on my sponsored skydive sheet to raise funds for childrens hospices uk.

Bit of a problem in that (while I was probably sleeping) people put their names down and some put money in the bag and some just put their name down. When I realised the problem I put PD on the sheet for everyone who sponsored me after that time.

Basically I've got monies and I don't know who it is from.
Peeps who signed and paid are martin, rich, Paul&karina, athol, biz and suzi.

Anyone else who signed my form can you let me know if you are sure you have paid or you have still to pay please????

My diet is going well and the assisted freefall will take place in sept just before S n T.

Not 100% sure if assisted means they just kick you out at 10,000 feet though
Shocked

Cheers
Rosco
Rosco
Rosco
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  Wild-Kat-Wolf Fri Aug 27 2010, 13:21

Me Me I paid :o)
Wild-Kat-Wolf
Wild-Kat-Wolf
3Gold
3Gold

Female Status :

Number of posts : 734
Hobbies : Generally being as naughty as I can ;o)
Humour : Hell yeah!

Back to top Go down

Post  SteveCat Fri Aug 27 2010, 20:31

I signed and paid ...
SteveCat
SteveCat
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  greencat Sat Aug 28 2010, 20:15

Jeez, folks! The big girls blouse hasn't done it yet!

As a previously honorary Scot I try to stay close to type and won't be parted from the cash until absolutely necessary.

Good luck Ross great
Five pound coins in an X mark the spot.

Chris

Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Number of posts : 1558
Hobbies : Computers/Landscape/Travel/Sleep
Humour : Lots of things make me laugh!

Back to top Go down

Post  SteveCat Thu Sep 02 2010, 12:14

Got home last night at 7:30 after my extended ride home from BM.

SatNav trip log is corrupt up to Inverness :( , but estimate it was a bit over 5,000 kilometers - four World Heritage sites, England, Scotland (including The Orkneys), Northern Ireland, The Irish Republic and Wales, a tyre, a few million midges and 7 (or was it 8 ) Ferries most of which was nearly not going to happen after the engine decided to spit out a spark plug during Big Mac. Thanks to the mechanics and Krusty's teflon hands getting the errant plug (still attached to the HT lead Shocked) back in place.

I have done insane things in my life, and now looking back over the last two weeks I think this must rank as one of them. At the time it was another day another adventure/ferry/country.
It was great waking up this morning and not having to pack everything away and check out.

One of the most 'interesting' places was the Lidl car park in Kirkwall. An elderly chap came over and chatted, his accent was so broad I couldn't follow what he was saying but we managed to discuss a wide range of subjects including the war (no idea which one),the Royal family (the Prince's love of bikes) and the weather; a Thundercat sighting and another guy comes over to chat. He tells me all about the demise of the British bike industry, it's all because Yamaha had developed a three stroke engine
What a Face

SteveCat
SteveCat
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  Dirt Bike Dave Thu Sep 02 2010, 12:48

Steve,
You are a legend, i take my hat off to you for riding round the UK and Ireland, and for the most part alone...
Well done mate, i bet you have some great memories!!
clink

Dirt Bike Dave
Dirt Bike Dave
Event-Organiser
Event-Organiser

Male Status :

Number of posts : 1592
Hobbies : Bikes and beer
Humour : Feck Off
Registration date : 2008-11-10

Back to top Go down

Post  furball Thu Sep 02 2010, 13:38

Nice one Steve good to hear you got home safe and sound,

How's the cat? sounding any better?

Davie
furball
furball
3Gold
3Gold

Male Status :

Number of posts : 833
Humour : OH!!! Yes Please

Back to top Go down

Post  Rosco Thu Sep 02 2010, 16:29

Wild-Kat-Wolf wrote:Me Me I paid :o)

Thanks Fi

SteveCat wrote:I signed and paid ...

Thanks Steve

greencat wrote:Jeez, folks! The big girls blouse hasn't done it yet!

As a previously honorary Scot I try to stay close to type and won't be parted from the cash until absolutely necessary.

Good luck Ross great
Five pound coins in an X mark the spot.
Chris

As an actual Scot I do my best to get others to part with their cash first.......ps I've checked the sheet and you're down for a tenner.
If I can't shift a few more pounds (weight) I might need to wear a big girls blouse to increase my drag..... Rolling Eyes

Chris - Since you'll be one of the first people I see after doing the jump please bring your £10 and a large brandy.
great

Steve -
Can't wait to see the next instalment of "Long Way Something"with Steve, Euan and Charlie
Hat off to you sir.....and your bike.

I guess both are due some TLC and a full service.......I'm sure Pam knows a good mechanic who can sort you out Embarassed

Cheers
Rosco
Rosco
Rosco
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  Toni Fri Sep 03 2010, 10:04

@Steve great Well done Exclamation
Toni
Toni
7Silver
7Silver

Male Status :

Number of posts : 415
Registration date : 2009-09-28

http://www.thundercat-club.de

Back to top Go down

Post  SteveCat Mon Sep 06 2010, 19:13

Thank you all very much, don't think I really appreciate what I have done, a short while back did Norfolk and then Devon and Cornwall - so pretty much covered the lot in a few months, top to bottom and across possibly the widest bit.

furball wrote:
How's the cat? sounding any better?

I'm not actually sure, been on it everyday kinda got used to the noise. There is definitely more noise now than when I left (according to Pam and what I can hear on the video). You'd never have guessed anything had happened to it, went purrfectly the rest of the trip.

Rosco wrote:
I guess both are due some TLC and a full service.......I'm sure Pam knows a good mechanic who can sort you out

Service was booked en route home, appears quite a bit of work was required Embarassed will most likely book the bike in later in the week Very Happy doubt I'll be smiling when it does go in, dreading what may have happened to that plug
SteveCat
SteveCat
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next